90

"Happy first day of college!" Juliet smiled as she walked into the boys beach house to see Spencer and Jordan eating breakfast in the kitchen. She looked at Spencer to see him scarfing down his scrambled eggs. "Dude chill, you're going to choke." She laughed at him. "I'm gonna be late." He said between breaths.

"Spencer singed up for 9am calculus." Jordan told her.

"Everyone knows classes shouldn't start until 10." She replied as she sat down next to him.

"That's what I told him."

"Morning, bros." JJ said as he walked by them carrying a yoga mat. "And Juliet."

"Mornin'." She smiled at him.

"What are you doing up so early?" Jordan asked him.

"Oh, I'm taking Asher to meet Coach Mr. Montes about a job."

"You really gonna keep calling him that?" Spencer shook his head.

"Who?" Juliet chuckled.

"Coach Montes' husband. What else am I supposed to call him? Coach Montes is always gonna be 'Coach Montes', so her husband is 'Coach Mr. Montes'."

"Makes perfect sense."

"Thank you."

"Okay.. I'm leaving that alone." Spencer sighed.

"Well, I gotta do my morning meditation and sun salutations before breakfast anyway." JJ replied. "I decided I'm gonna be a wellness influencer, teach my followers about being zen. Instead of a mentorship, I'm providing a zentorship. Dope, right?"

Jordan  couldn't help but laugh, "Mm-hmm. It's something."

"Fellas!" Billy shouted as he walked into the house and rounded the corner. "And Juliet! " He was surprised to see her there.

"Hey, what up?" Spencer said to him.

"You do know that South Crenshaw High is the other way, right?" Jordan asked his dad as he sat on the other side of Juliet.

"I do, I do. I just stopped by for a quick breath of fresh testosterone." Billy said as he looked out the door to see JJ in short shorts and a tank top stretching. "Wow. What is he doing?"

"Don't ask." Jordan and Spencer said at the same time as Juliet laughed.

"You're a little overdressed for your meeting with Preach." Spencer told him.

"Oh, this is, uh, this is my principal look.. 'Cause I'm a principal now."

"Oh wow, of Crenshaw?" Juliet wondered.

"Yes ma'am, of Crenshaw." He flashed her a smile then looked to Spencer.. "Speaking of which, Preach... You really think he's the right choice to help tutor the football team? I know I said I was desperate, but..."

"Coop would have never passed that g.e.d. without Preach. Trust me, he's your guy." Spencer looked down at his phone and his eyes grew large. "Now I gotta go 'cause it's gonna be a long-ass day and I'm officially late for calculus class."

"Boy what you doing with a class this early?"

"Does everyone know the rule of late start classes but me?"

"Yes." Juliet and Jordan said together.

It was 8:35. Juliet had plenty of time to make it to campus and find her first class of the day, but she wanted a head start. There was something about the excitement to see all the kids walking around campus that she couldn't wait to experience.

She pushed her stool back and stood to her feet. "I'm going to get heading too." She told the father and son. "It was good seeing you Mr. Baker."

"You too, Jules." He smiled.