12

The rest of the week Juliet and Jordan avoided each other. As she would make her way across the campus at lunch his eyes would linger. As she sat next to her dad during practice she'd find herself more fixated on Jordan than anyone else. That Friday game she didn't give him his good luck hug or meet him at his car after. They stopped their relationship cold turkey. Which was harder than they both thought it would be.

"Happy Birthday!" Juliet exclaimed as she walked into the Bakers with her parents and made her way over to Spencer with open arms. "Well, two days late birthday." "Hey, thanks for coming." He told her as he squeezed her tight.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!"

"Now I know you aren't about to pretend like I'm not here." She heard someone say from behind her, when she turned around she saw Dillon looking up at her. "Of course not." She smiled and she wrapped her arms around him.

"Coop is here too. She and mom are fixing their plates."

"Well, I'll but sure to say hi then!"

As she, Dillon and Spencer walked outside and she looked around, her eyes landed on Jordan who was playing a lawn game with Asher, Layla and JJ. He was staring at her and she instantly frozen. She didn't wave, she didn't smile. She knew she had to stay away from him and his charm. She looked back at Spencer who saw it all and was quick on his feet to get her away from the situation. "Let's get you something to eat, okay?"

"I could go for some cake." Dillon said as he walked over to the desert table.

"Sounds great." She replied as she followed after Spencer. As the two walked up to the food table Spencer let out a laugh, "I have to be honest, I didn't think I'd be seeing you here today. I couldn't help but notice you and Jordan are having a falling out. You want to talk about that?"

"There's nothing to talk about. As you know he spoke to me poorly at Asher's party and saw nothing wrong with it. He had his excuses and wouldn't elaborate, so here we are."

"Well I'm sorry to hear that. I was really rooting for y'all."

"Rooting for us?"

"Don't act like you really think I don't know you two better than that." He laughed as he shook his head. "The googly eyes and touches here an there."

"Alright Spence, you want to play that game? What about Olivia?" She laughed as she shoved his shoulder. "You guys seemed to have been getting close in the hot tub."

"Yeah until you and Jordan came in and cut it short."

"Yeahh.. sorry about that."

"It's all good."

"So, do you like her?" Juliet questioned.

"Yeah, she's cool."

"You know what I mean."

"Uh- kind of yeah, I'm not going to lie. But come on, how would that work with me living under their roof? Her parents would never go for it. Shit, my mom probably wouldn't either. She'd move my ass back to Crenshaw so fast I never would I know what hit me."

"Yeah I get it. It's too bad."

"Who you telling. So, did I tell you what Layla got me for my birthday?"

"Layla got you a gift? Does Asher know?"

"Why would Asher have to know? It's my birthday, Jules!"

"Oh.. He- he doesn't. What did she get you."

"Tickets to the UCLA game tonight. They play Eastern Nevada."