64

Juliet hadn't talked to Kyle in three days and it killed him. He would text her good morning and goodnight, but nothing in between because he didn't want to seem forceful. He knew the way he spoke to her was out of line. He knew she needed her space. But he also knew that communication is key and it worried him that she wasn't communicating.

It was finally Friday, and Friday night football was in full swing at South Crenshaw. With the Beverly Eagles having an off week right before homecoming, Juliet, Olivia, Jordan and JJ all piled in Jordans car together to go watch Spencer play. Juliet of course was also going to watch Kyle.

She was quiet most of the way as Jordan and and JJ sat in the front seat laughing and rapping to whatever song was next on the play list. Eventually Juliet looked over to Olivia and said, "Spencer told me about Vegas. Is that why you were worried about Layla?"

"Yeah." Olivia softly replied. "I think she knows."

"I can confirm she does."

"Great.. I don't really know what to do."

"Take it one day at a time. That's what Spencer is doing and it seems to be working out okay. And if you ask me, I think Layla knew it would happen one day."

"How?"

"It was clear the day Spencer came to Beverly that the two of you had something. She pushed you to be with him then intercepted and began a relationship with him. I don't know, she was kinda of a shitty friend before you were."

"So I'm a shitty friend because I love Spencer?"

"I mean.." Juliet laughed as she shrugged her shoulders, "I didn't say that."

"Yeah yeah. Keep it up Banks." Olivia laughed back.

Jordan looked in his review mirror and saw the smiles plastered across their faces. He was happy to see them mending their relationship.

As the four made their way into the stadium, they caught the attention of Spencer who was warming up out on the field. "Hey look, it's Jules." He told Kyle then smiled and waved at everyone.  Kyle looked their way, his eyes first met those of Juliet's. She gave him a small wave and that was it. He had a smile on his face until he saw Jordan following up behind her. His smile instantly became a frown as looked away and focused on the football that was in his hands.  "Everything okay?" Jordan asked Juliet noticing Kyle's change of demeanor. "Yeah. Great." She told him.

"There's a spot up here." JJ told everyone and lead the way. JJ sat down first and Jordan next to him. When Juliet and Olivia got to where they are Olivia immediately sat down leaving Juliet to sit by Jordan. "Uh, JJ can you-" she started to say and he cut her off. "Yeah, I'll trade you seats." He told her.

"No, JJ. Can you maybe trade with Jordan?"

Jordan looked up at Juliet with a confused look. He thought they were okay, maybe even friends. She pressed her lips together which told him it was because Kyle was out on the field. "Oh yeah, of course." Jordan stand standing up so he and JJ could switch.

Almost to the bottom of the second quarter Crenshaw was up 28-3. Kyle and Spencer were both having an amazing game. While Olivia cheered loudly for Spencer, Juliet was more on the quiet side.

"So Juliet, have you asked your Romeo yet to go to homecoming with you next week?" JJ asked.

"Uhh- no." She replied.

"You do realize homecoming is next weekend, right?"

"I do, I don't think I'm going."

"What! How can you just not go to your senior homecoming?"