71

The crowed was loud as everyone was on their feet cheering for the Beverly Eagles. JJ was nervous, Coach Montes was nervous, Juliet was nervous- everyone was nervous.

"You can do this, JJ." Juliet shouted to try to boost his confidence.

"Eagles are looking for a spark on offense."

JJ looked around for Asher, when he found him open he launched the ball so high it was impossible for him to catch.

"That pass is way too high and sails out of bounds."

Juliet dropped her hands to her sides and titles her head back. She looked towards the stands where he eyes connected with Kyle's who shook his head.

"JJ Parker fumbles the ball!" And a defensive player scooped it up. "Touchdown, Rancho Lake! The Beverly Eagles are falling behind early."

"Come on, Asher!" Coach Montes yelled. Asher helped to cover JJs position since he was their quarter back for the game. As a ball was thrown to a Ranch Lake player, Asher got himself between the player and the ball, missing the grab.

"Adams drops the easy interception! He could have gone for a touchdown with that ball." And the crowed began to boo.

"You need to get your head in the game. Focus!" Coach Montes scolded him.

When Beverly finally has possession of the ball, they made it within 5 yards of the inzone. Instead of going for the easy field goal, Coach montes wanted to go for the touch down. "Alright, we got a chance to score seconds left, guys!" She called out.

"Here we go. Eagles lined up inside the 5 yard line. They need to get on the board before halftime. Parker has a Lane into the end zone, but he throws, and... Interception!" The crowd once more erupts into boos. "And that's the end of the first half."

Juliet ran up Jordan on the sideline and said, "What's going on with him?" "I have no idea, he's lacking confidence." he replied.

"Then go give him some confidence."

"What am I suppose to say exactly? 'Hey JJ, stop sucking out there'?"

Juliet rolled her eyes. "No. He's your best friend Jordan, just amp him up like he would you."

Jordan looked down as Juliet and shook his head. "I can do that." He smiled then tan after the team for the locker room.

When I'm the locker room, Coach Montes wasted no time in letting her team know how disappointed she was in their performance during the first half of the game. She looked at Asher and said, "Adams. You are sloppy and unfocused out there." "I'm doin' my best, coach." He told her.

"You reading the audible pass play against tarzana was you at your best. The fumble recovery for a touchdown against highland was you at your best. Tipping the pass for an interception against foothill was you at your best. The only person keeping you from shining out there is you. Now, get out of your own way. You are a great player, but if you don't believe that, this is all for nothing."

"You're the first person to ever tell me I'm a great player and mean it."

"Then get out there in the second half and prove me right."

As JJ sat on the bench by his locker looking at the ground, Jordan walked over and sat next to him. "What's goin' on out there, man?" He asked. "You're literally throwing the game away."

"I don't know, man." JJ sighed. "I... I can't do this."

"Yes, you can. Look, everything we've worked for all season is out on that field."