68

"Crenshaw is playing Westlake tonight." Olivia told Juliet as they walked down the hallway. "They are?" She replied sounding confused.

"Yeah?"

"Oh, I didn't know".

"Have you not talked to Kyle?"

"Have you not talked to Layla?" Juliet asked as she and Layla held eyes as they stood at opposite ends of the hallway.

"No.."

"I see that. I haven't talked to Kyle about it, he hasn't mentioned it. You on the other hand need to talk things over with Layla before your friendship is too far gone."

"Jules I think it's a little late for that."

"It's not your fault Spencer told you get loved you right before getting back with her."

"No, but it's my fault I didn't tell her."

Juliet shrugged her shoulders in agreement. "I mean, that's true."

Layla looked at Olivia for a brief moment before she slammed her locker shut and took off in the opposite direction.

"Messy." Juliet scoffed and then headed for her own locker. "What do I even say to her?" Olivia asked.

"You could always start with 'I'm sorry' and go from there."

"Spencer has it easy not going here anymore. He doesn't have to face her."

"Guys usually do. Girls always blame the girl and never the guy."

Olivia shook her head. "It just doesn't make sense." Then walked off.

Juliet let out a laughed and turned her attention back to her locker. It wasn't even 30 seconds later that Asher walked up to her, "Did you know Jordan and Simone got married in Vegas?" He asked. Juliet looked his way and said, "..Yeah?"

"Since when?"

"Homecoming night."

"He never told me?"

"He never told me either. I just so happened to be there when the bomb was dropped on Mr. and Mrs. Baker."

"What the hell kind of friend doesn't tell their best friends they are married?"

"Probably one that doesn't want people to know?"

"I need to find him." Asher snapped before he took off down the hallway.

"Asher!" Juliet called out to him before taking off herself. She knew he was on his way to Chemistry and wanted to get to him before Asher did.

She made her way through the halls as quickly as she could so she could warn Jordan, but unfortunately she didn't make it in time. As she rounded the corner, she saw that Asher made it to him first.

"Yo, can we talk?" He called out as they walked up to each other. "What's up with everyone wanting to talk?" Jordan asked already annoyed. Asher caught Juliets eyes from behind Jordan as she shook her head 'no', but he didn't care.

"Because maybe you've been keeping secrets from people who care about you."

"Look, Ash, I'm sorry, all right? I'm sorry that we didn't tell you about the wedding. It's just we thought that the less people who knew, the better. That's it."

"Dude, we've been brothers since like, the sixth grade. Guess I figured I qualified as more than just 'people'."

"Can we just talk about this later? I get it. I messed up, alright? Yet again. I suck as a friend, I suck as an athlete, I... as a husband, as a son. Does anybody else want to pile on me today?"