51

The time had come, it was finally kick off of the first game of the Jamboree. Juliet sat up in the stands with her dad and mom as she looked down at the Eagles and Wild Cats take position. "You girls ready for a day of football?" Ezra asked as he rubbed his hands together. "Ecstatic." Kimberly sighed as she looked around at the filed. Juliet had no idea why her mom even agreed to tagging along. She wasn't too keen on football.

"Spencer's playing?" Ezra asked his daughter.

"Yup, sure is. Should he be? No, probably not."

"Is he not ready?"

"Mentally he is. But physically he isn't. He's pushing himself too hard too soon. But good luck telling him that."

"Looks like UCLA is sitting over there."

"That's the main reason he wants to play. He's worried their previous offer is off the table for good."

"Well I'm sure Billy is doing something to ensure if safety." Kimberly said. All Juliet and Ezra could do was share a look and know what the other was thinking.

"Where is Kyle? I figured he would be here by now." Ezra asked his daughter .

"Long Beach doesn't play until the third game, so I assume they won't be here for at least another hour." She replied.

"How are things going with Kyle?" Her mom wondered.

"We're in relationship purgatory."

"You're what?"

"We aren't together, but we aren't seeing other people. It's weird, kind of- he hasn't even kissed me yet."

"That's not weird." Ezra chimed in as he shook his head. "That's not weird at all, nope. I think I like this boy."

"Oh hush. You liked him the moment he stepped foot on our front step for their date to the cotillion." Kimberly chuckled.

"There's no proof in that."

"Of course there is."

As her parents sat arguing over who was right and who was wrong, Juliet became fixated on the game that was officially underway. She knew there was going to be some hostility and mental gameplay, but she assumed it was nothing that Jordan couldn't handle. From the start she could see that Dane was running his mouth, she could also see that Jordan was letting it get to him.

"Who's that boy?" Ezra asked seeing the altercations himself. "Dane." Juliet replied.

"Who the hell is Dane and why does he have it out for Jordan?" As the question left Ezra's lips, Juliet noticed Simone making her way up the bleachers. She couldn't help but roll her eyes. "Her." She replied holding her eyes on her.

"Who is her?"

"That is Simone Hicks." Kimberly told him.

"I should know her?" He replied.

"She's the girl Jordan thought was pregnant with his child."

"So she's not pregnant?"

"Oh, she is." Juliet told him. "She just lied about Jordan being the father." Kimberly added.

"No shit?" Ezra gasped as he watched Simon himself. He was less than impressed with what he has just been told.

In the fourth quarter with just 12 seconds left, the Eagles were 20 years from the in zone. The ball was hiked to Jordan and the running backs took off with a though defense covering them. Jordan passed the ball to a teammate and he took off running himself. Dane soon followed behind him. The ball was thrown long, Jordan jumped to grasp it and secured it. Dane gained ground on him and in attempts to tackle him Jordan grabbed onto his face mask and pushed him down to the ground while he made it into the end zone. The Eagles and the fans cheered as the refs blew their whistles and threw a yellow flag.