85

I wanted to get this chapter put out because I have been sitting on it for so long. Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors! Feel free to correct me so I can edit!!🤍

The highly anticipated prom weekend was officially over. They waited all year for it to come and it went by in the blink of an eye. Not that Juliet minded. She made her way through the schools front doors and was immediately greeted by Olivia. "Hey." She said to her to capture her attention. "Hey." Juliet replied and kept walking so she wasn't late.

"Layla said you left prom with Jordan."

"Yeah?"

"Oh."

"Oh? Why oh?" She stopped in her tracks.

"Nothing, it's just.. Simone and Kyle were both gone and the two of you left prom together."

"We're friends, Liv."

"Hey ladies." JJ smiled as he walked up to them and wrapped his arm around Juliet. "Where did you run off to Saturday night? I was saving you a dance."

"She and Jordan left early." Olivia told him.

"Together?"

"As friends." Juliet sighed shaking her head.

"That's cool." JJ smiled.

"You don't think that's weird at all?" Olivia asked.

"Mm, no. They've been friends for forever."

"They also dated last year?"

"Yeah but you dated Asher and you two still hang out. He also hangs out with Layla too. But they actually ended up hooking up.. so.. maybe it might be a little weird?"

"We're both in relationships, JJ." Juliet reminded him.

"Yeah, but Jordan told you he loved you the night before he married Simone."

"I'm starting to think I should have come in through the back door this morning." Juliet sighed as she started to walk for her locker dropping JJ's arm to his side. "What did I say?" He asked Olivia who shook her head and headed for her own locker.

Juliet popped her locker opened and grabbed the text books she needed for her first few classes. She looked at the picture of her and Kyle that was pinned on her locker door. It was taken at the beach not long after the two started dating. When it was summer and things were so simple. There wasn't any drama.

She closed her locker and headed for first period. As she rounded the corner she and Jordan ran into one another. "Shit, I'm sorry." Jordan quickly said as he looked down at her and his stomach instantly filled with knots. He still hadn't recovered from the dream he had Saturday night after prom. "Good morning." She smiled at him. "Uh, morning." He quickly replied. "I gotta go." And he sped off.

"That was weird." Layla said as she walked up to her. "Yeah, kinda." Juliet replied and carried on her way.

"Cap and gown pick up is today during last period and after school today, don't forget." Layla remainder her. Thank goodness she did too because Juliet completely forgot.

"Right. Gosh, I can't believe we graduated in a month."

"High school has really flown by, huh."

"You can say that again." Juliet wasn't going to say anything. She was going to let it be. But she wanted to avoid all the rumors. "Hey, you know that Jordan and I are just friends, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Why do you ask?" Layla asked. Juliet could see the worry on her face.

"Well, he and I left prom together but it was only to grab something to eat. Then he got the call about grandpa Willie so we went to the hospital. I just wanted to make sure that things weren't being assumed about he and I."