84

Jordan sat at the kitchen island eating breakfast when he heard a knock on the door. When he opened it he saw Juliet standing on the other side. "Juliet." He said shocked to see her. "Hey." She replied as he opened the door for her to come in. "I thought I would stop by, see how your grandpa was."

"He's doing good. Still at the hospital recovering. They say he'll be there a few days for observation before he will be able to come home."

"I'm glad to hear he's going to be okay."

"Yeah, me too. Thank you again for going with me when I got the call. It was great having you there with me."

"Of course." She gave him a smile.

"So, prom.. It was sort of a bust, yeah?"

"Sorta, yeah."

"But I enjoyed our time together."

Juliet looked up at Jordan and he looked down at her. There was a slight smile on his lips that Juliet craved. "I uh- should get going." She replied, slowly backing for the door.

"Oh, yeah of course."

"Yeah." She nervously laughed.

He didn't want her to leave, Jordan wanted her to stay. But he didn't have the courage to let her know that. "What do you say we give last night another chance?" Came out instead.

"You want to go back to prom?"

"No, I mean you and I hanging out. We can go to the movies or out to eat."

"Jordan, Simone just starting to trust me. I don't want-"

"As friends, of course."

"Friends. Okay, sure."

"Great, I'll pick you up say 6:30?"

"I'll be waiting."

Jordan watched as Juliet opened the door and slipped outside. He found himself standing in the same spot with a smile plastered across his face for a few moments before the door opened again. He looked up thinking he would see Juliet making her way back inside but instead he saw Spencer. "Why do you look so happy to see me?" He asked with a confused look on his face. "Oh, I uh- no. I thought you were Juliet." Jordan replied.

"No, no way." He shook his head and walked over to the island.

"No what?"

"I saw her pulling out as I pulled up. You aren't doing that."

"I'm not doing anything?"

"Then why was she here before noon?"

"She came to see how my grandpa was doing." Spencer pressed his lips as he looked at Jordan with narrowed eyes. "What?"

"That's something that could have been done via text message. What's your next excuse?"

"There's no excuse. That's really why she was here."

"Yeah, and I'm Davante Adams. Come on man."

"I'm serious! We're working on things."

"You're both in a relationship."

"I meant with our friendship. We're going out tonight."

"Does Kyle know? Or Simone."

"They're out of town?"

"Exactly. So one would think they should know, that's all I'm saying."

"Relax, Spence. It's no big deal."

"My best friend and someone I consider my brother are exes, exes who are going out tonight- while in current relationships."

"So it's bad?"