2

It was early in the morning, around seven, when Spencer started to make his way out of the house. Just as he opened the door, Juliet Banks was about to knock. "Oh my God!" She shouted which caused both her and Spencer to jump. "What the hell are you doing here?" He asked her as he grabbed his chest.

She gave him a wide smile and said, "I've come to take you to school."

"You what? You don't have to do that."

"I know, but I want to. And there's also no reason for you to take three busses to school when I can just come pick you up."

"Are you sure?"

"I mean, I'm here." She laughed.

"Well alright then." He smiled. "Let's go. Ma, Dillon, I'll catch you later." He shouted in the house before he closed the door behind him.

As they walked out to the street where her car was parked, Spencer's jaw instantly dropped when he saw it. "What, are you driving your daddies car?" He asked as she walked around the convertible to the drivers side. "No, it's mine." She replied.

"What? That's a Benz!"

"I'm sorry, were you expecting a Bugatti?" She joked with him.

"Girl, come on now. This is really your ride?"

"Sure is. Now get in or you can take those three busses you told me all about." She laughed and he wasted no time jumping in.

"So, how did you find out where I live?" Spencer asked her as he buckled his seatbelt. She looked over at him and said, "You can find out just about anything with an internet search."

"Yeah, I guess you're right there."

It was the first time Spencer rode in a Mercedes, let alone a convertible. He was taken back by how nice a car could actually be.

As they pulled into the school parking lot and parked the car, people looked on as the music was blaring from the speakers. Juliet cut the engine and hopped out. She shut her door and threw her book bag over her shoulder and waited for Spencer so they could walk together. Asher, Jordan, and Layla watched them as they headed for the building.

"So teachers and administrators are having meetings this afternoon which means we only have a half day. I was thinking we could go grab some lunch? There's this hangout place called Eagles Cafe (does anyone know the actual name of the restaurant they go to all the time? I can't find that information to save my life) that a lot of Beverly students go to for food and shoot some pool." Juliet told him as they headed for the schools doors. "Yeah, that sounds great. Is it cool if I ride with you?" He asked.

"No, I was thinking you catch a ride there and just meet me." She let out a laugh and said, "Of course I'll take you."

As they got closer to the school, Juliet could feel Jordan's eyes as they burned into her. His jealousy was not something she wanted to deal with that day.

Eagles Cafe was packed with most of the students from Beverly High. No one wanted to go home when there was still so much summer left. But luckily for the two, they were able to grab a table right away. "So you're captain of the cheer team?" Spencer said with wide eyes at they sat and ate their lunch. "You sound surprised." Juliet smiled as she threw a fry into her mouth.

Spencer shook his head. "Actually, I can't say that I am. You carry yourself proudly."

"I'm mean you already said that I like attention."

"That I did!"

"You're pretty harsh on your new friends, you know that?"

"Just trying to break you in is all."