KABANATA 3

Ship and Pirates•••

Ship and Pirates
•••

Namimigat ang aking mga talukap ngunit pinilit kong iminulat ang aking mga mata. Masakit ang aking lalamunan, uhaw na uhaw na ako at nilalamig.

Where is my blanket? I need my blanket.

It's so cold...

A fur blanket is covering my body up to my neck, but I still feel so cold.

Itinagilid ko ang aking katawan upang hanapin ang ibang kumot but I only made the mistake by moving.

Sumigid ang kirot sa aking katawan and the only thing I was capable of doing was to let out a faint whimper. Parang hindi na rin ako makapagsalita dahil pati ang lalamunan ko ay mahapdi.

Oh my gosh! What happened? Everything just hurts!

Yaya Berta!

I want to scream my nannie’s name and ask for help pero naging bulong na lang ang aking sigaw.

Unable to do anything, I focused my eyes on the ceiling.

Where am I? This is not my room.

Mga mabibigat na yabag ng paa ang narinig kong papalapit. I looked at that direction and saw the wooden door opened.

A young boy stepped in at dire diretsong naglakad sa kinaroroonan ko without looking at my side. Ang dala niyang tray ay inilapag niya sa mesang nasa gilid ng kama.

Napa singhap ako sa gulat! Who is this guy? I haven't seen him before! Siya ba ang nagdala sa 'kin dito?

Narinig ng binatilyo ang tunog na aking ginawa at alertong tumingin sa 'kin.

My eyes met the young boy's blue ones and we're both startled at the same time.

The difference is that the boy tripped and tumbled on the floor, shouting while I'm just gaping at him.

He stood up clumsily ang bolted out of the door.

What was that?

Just seconds after the boy went out, racing footsteps came nearer to the room, and there, emerged the largest human I have ever seen.

The guy has sporting long hair that falls into his shoulder and a beard that seems to be not shaved for a year now.

He was so tall that his head almost reached the top of the door. The white dress shirt he's wearing did not do anything to hide his bulky muscles at all.

And now who is this towering scary guy?

Nagmamadaling lumapit siya sa akin at huminto sa mismong gilid ng kama.

His eyes were worried for a while then it turned blank.

“Kumusta ang pakiramdam mo?” Kinabahan ako when he sat on the bed and leaned a bit. He hovered his big hand on top of my head as if to touch me.