KABANATA 5

Depressed•••

Depressed
•••

Last night was a blast.

After his confirmation, I didn't know what to think first. I didn't even know if all of these were real.

Being in a pirate ship is so hard to comprehend, how much more being transported in the 18th century in the middle of the Pacific ocean!

But after what Halcon showed me, my brain is in haywire!

Is this real? It's just crazy!

“Narito tayo sa milyang ito.” Halcon pointed at the small dash on the map drawn in only black and red ink. I'm sitting on the chair behind his desk while he's crouching beside me, leaning on the table while holding the back of my seat for support. With the help of the lighted candle, I am able to see clearly what he's pointing at.

But all I can see is a blank space with more dash, away from islands. And there's two words written on it. Pacificus Oceani.

Is that why for the three days that I'm conscious, I've never seen a ship, a land or any water devices through the window? Only the ocean, birds and the sun.

He opened the drawer in front of him at inilabas ang isang pamphlet. He flipped it open.

It's a calendar. He flipped the pages. From Ianuarii, Martii, Iun and stopped in the month of Augustam. But the thing that caught my attention the most is the four-digit written on the far side of the page.

1718.

“Sa ika siyam na araw ng Augustam ka namin nakita at nasa ika labing pito na tayo.”

Yes, more than a week after my brother's birthday.

Hindi ko maalis-alis ang tingin ko sa apat na numerong iyon.

“N-nasa 1718 tayo?” Itinuro ko ang mga numero. My fingers are shaking and despite all of this I still wish that he will deny it.

Hindi siya sumagot, bagkos ay tumango lang.

Suminghap ako at nilagay ang dalawang palad sa bibig!

I nervously laughed, thinking that he's bluffing me but the sincerity and seriousness in his eyes made me cry.

I saw how he panicked when he saw my tears dripping. He tried to console me but didn't know what to do.

After approximately 30 minutes of crying, I asked him to see me outside the cabin… He granted my request, and what I've seen left me dumbfounded.

I stared at the flicking candle, just a little bit more wax and the dancing flame would die.

Kanina pa ako nakahiga pero hindi madalaw-dalaw ng antok. I kept thinking about what we’ve talked hours ago.

I changed my position when the flame finally extinguished itself. Darkness spread around the room and the moonlight made its way inside through the uncurtained window.