KABANATA 34

Float•••

Float
•••

I clutched the fur cloak closer to my body when a strong gust of wind blew into my direction.

Nakatayo ako sa deck ng Agness habang pinagmamasdan ang mga alon.

Now that we're sure of the location of the treasure. It will be easier for us to trace it. Hindi na kami mangangapa pa. The golds will be delivered and Marguerite will be free from the Spanish’ claws.

I was pulled from my reverie when something cold hit my cheek. It's liquid. Inangat ko ang kamay para punasan iyon.

Umaambon ba?

But no. There's no sign that it will rain. Well, except that the weather is gloomy and the heavy clouds are covering the sun.

Another one hit the tip of my nose this time. Then I realized what it is.

Snow.

“It's snowing,” I muttered at tumingala. Natutuwang iniangat ko ang kamay para saluhin ang mga snow. I giggled like a fool when the snows hit my lashes. I blink to let them fall.

“Ngayon ka lang ba nakakita ng nyebe?” Halcon asked while watching me with amusement.

Kanina pa ba siya riyan?

He is leaning his left shoulder on the post habang naka halukipkip.

I narrowed my eyes at him and sighed. He's out again. It's been a week since that incident and his wound is getting better naman. But then, there's still the threat of infection 'cause his wound is not fully healed.

For the third day that he was supposed to be resting inside the cabin. He decided for himself that he's already well and regained his strength.

Kahit ano'ng pigil ko sa kanya ay walang nangyayari. I tried acting mad at him for being so stubborn, well that worked, because he immediately went back to bed. But then he discovered that I'm only faking it and he's unstoppable from then on.

He said that he has a ship to run and a mission to fulfill. It's already within his reach and there's no stopping him.

“No, I'm just happy that it's snowing. This means that Christmas is nearing,” sagot ko.

“Christmas?” Kumunot ang kanyang noo, indicating that he's confused with the meaning of the word.

“Yup! Pasko. Then it also means that I'm spending my Christmas here. Isn't that lovely?”

He stood straight and came near me.

“Maganda nga iyon.” He held me and wrapped his arms around my waist while I buried my face on his chest.

“Hindi ba tayo mahihirapan ngayong lumalamig na ang panahon? Paano kung maging yelo ang tubig dagat?”

“Mmm… Hindi, lalamig lamang ang panahon ngunit hindi magiging yelo ang ibabaw ng tubig. Ang mga niyebe na ito ay mawawala rin kapag naka-alis tayo sa bahaging ito ng kontinente,” paliwanag niya.