KABANATA 29

Castle Delacroix•••

Castle Delacroix
•••

The four of us safely arrived in Italy without delay. We took two carriages, one for us and the other is for Galen and Cormack.

The plan is for them to enter Emeric Octavio’s residence as workers in disguise. Then find out more about the place and the location of the diary on or before the ball. And during the ball, it's our task to get the diary. It's better if they'll find it earlier and steal it. But we have to be careful and not endanger each other's life. This is not a simple diary, it's a diary worth millions of treasure.

We have two days to do that. And time is already ticking.

“Mag-iingat kayo.”

“Kayo rin, kapitan,” ani nina Galen at sumakay sa kanilang karwahe.

“Will they be okay?” I asked habang nakahabol ang tingin sa papaalis na karwahe.

“They will.” Napatingin ako sa kanya sa gulat. It's the first time he spoke to me in English. His accent is a bit awkward but I find that so sexy and manly.

“You know what? Bagay mo pa lang magsalita ng English,” I teased. While his ears reddened at nag-iwas ng tingin. Ngumisi ako and pinched his cheek na kanyang iniwas.

Sumakay na kami sa isang carriage.

Hinawi ko nang bahagya ang kurtina para tingnan ang mga tanawin na nalalampasan namin. This is not the same Italy I've been before. Women only wear dresses and men wore their suits and coats. No jeans or shorts. Instead of cars, there are horses and carriages.

Then the view of the buildings and people strolling were changed to a country side. There's a vast array of glass land with sheep and cows grazing. Wild flowers along the way and trees with their leaves swaying with each blow of the wind.

Nang wala ng makitang magandang view ay isinara ko ulit ang kurtina.

“Malayo ba ang bahay ng kapatid mo?”

Umiling siya nang bahagya.

“Hindi naman, ngunit naka hiwalay ito sa mga kabahayan. Aabutin tayo ng mahigit isang oras papunta roon.”

“Nakapunta ka na ba roon?”

“Oo. Dalawang beses. Inanyayahan kami ni Gideon.” Kumunot ang noo ko sa ginamit niyang salita.

“Kayo? Sino ang kasama mo?” My mind immediately guessed that it's a woman.

He smirked and pinched my cheek upon seeing my frowning face.

“Si Gabriel ang kasama namin. Hindi babae.”

Umingos ako bagaman nakahinga nang maluwag sa kanyang sagot.

“Wala naman akong sinasabing babae ang kasama mo.”

He only grinned. Umirap ako.

The ride took more than an hour. And I've spent sleeping on Halcon’s lap for the last forty minutes. Ginising lang ako ni Halcon nang tumigil na ang karwahe.