WAKAS

"To be deeply loved by someone gives you strength, but to love someone deeply gives you courage

"To be deeply loved by someone gives you strength, but to love someone deeply gives you courage." - Esther Huertas

Her Dream
•••

Loud thunder growled into the heavy pouring rain. Sa ika limang beses ay sinilip ko ang bintana upang tingnan kung naroon na si Halcon.

I glanced at the mechanical clock in the living room. It was past seven in the evening already.

Nagsisimula na akong mag-alala. This is not the first time na ginabi siya. Ngunit masama ang lagay ng panahon ngayon at mukhang may paparating na bagyo.

Kaninang umaga lang ay maganda naman ang sikat ng araw. So, the men went on to fish this morning using Avyanna, then they delivered their catch to the mainland of France where they can sell and barter it for other goods.

Napapabuntong-hiningang bumalik ako sa kusina at tiningnan ang pinapakuluang tubig para sa panligo ni Halcon.

The steamed salmon is already done. Malapit na rin ang nilalaga kong buto ng baka na ilang oras na nakasalang sa apoy. I gathered all the chopped ingredients at inihalo iyon sa kawali.

It's been what? Two years...

Dalawang taon ang matuling lumipas.

Dalawang taon na akong hindi nakakabalik kina mom.

"Kung hindi agad ako makabalik, then it means that I'm safe," sabi ko sa kanila matapos ang mahaba-habang eksplanasyon at pagkukumbinsi sa kanila.

"Or you can also be dead for all we know," kuya retorted while leaning his back on the hospital bed.

"That place is safe."

"Safe? Didn't you just say that you were being chased by pirate's and authorities?" he said incredulously.

"Yeah, but what I mean is Marguerite. That's the most peaceful place I've ever been."

"More peaceful than our house?" he asked challengingly as he took a bite on the peeled apple.

"Our house was never peaceful starting from the day that you were born. Abah! Halos hindi halos matahimik ang buong kabahayan sa pagtatalo niyong dalawa," sabi ni mom while dad only grinned.

I admit, I missed life in the city and working in the company. The feel of the keyboards on the tip of my fingers, the vibrating sounds of my phone when someone's calling and the noisy buzz of the traffic during mondays.

And most especially, I missed my family.

Three months after Caelen and Albion had their twins. Ikinasal kami ni Halcon at the island's local parish church.

It was a celebration attended by all of the people of Marguerite. It was simple and very memorable.

Then I thought of going back to tell my family about it, but my condition postponed that plan.