[18.6]

"thanks for staying with me that whole time," ryan said to me as i closed the door to my room.

     "yeah, of course. i'd never leave you like that," i told him. i sat down on the bed next to him and rested my hand on top of his. ryan looked down at our hands then to me.

     "you know, i don't think i ever actually thanked you," he said. i raised an eyebrow in confusion. "you know, for, well, everything that's happened recently. i never thanked you for never actually getting upset with me when i did something stupid like ghost you and stuff," he explained, "it's like, no matter how deep i dug my own grave, you caught me before i could fall in, even though i was the one who was hurting you in the first place."

"wow, that's poetic," i stated. ryan chuckled.

"yeah. i'm really sorry for not listening to you and everything. you didn't deserve it," he apologized.

"don't apologize. it's alright, i promise. what matters is that we're here together now, okay?" i told him. ryan smiled and leaned against me.

"thank you, brendon. i really can't thank you enough. thank you for being so understanding and not hating me."

"of course, it's no problem at all."

and then my phone received a message.