[1.2]

i knocked three times on dallon's front door and waited for him to answer. he did, and as soon as he laid eyes on me he was taken aback. "brendon! holy shit, come in." he grabbed my arm and pulled me inside before slamming the door.

"sit down." he dragged me over to his couch before having me sit and leaving to the kitchen. i grabbed a nearby pillow and hugged it as tight as i could. all the crying, running, and yelling started to make me feel nauseous.

dallon came back with two teacups and set one in my hands before sitting down. "what happened? are you hurt?" he asked with genuine concern. i let out a small cough. "it was ryan the whole time. it was ryan fucking ross and spencer fucking knew it." i struggled to tell him. dallon tilted his head. "what?" he asked.

     "the mystery person was ryan ross. the same ryan ross who fucked me over in eighth grade and wouldn't talk to me over a fucking kiss, the one i never lost feelings for. spencer knew and he didn't fucking say anything." i cried.

     despite hearing some of spencer's reasoning, it still hurt. a lot.

     dallon set his cup on the coffee table and wrapped his arms around me, causing me to sob even more. "you'll be okay, brendon. i promise." he whispered. "you didn't know, did you?" i sniffled. dallon shook his head.

     "no, i didn't. but here, think about it, spencer always tries to think ahead and make things so that you're happy." he told me. "well why didn't he fucking do that this time?" i raised my voice a small bit. "i think he was just trying to make you happy for the day. maybe he thought, since you thought so highly of the mystery person before, that you'd be even happier and push the whole eighth grade thing aside once the time came. he can't always be right." he said.

     "but he knows how fucked i've been over ryan, he should've known how i would've reacted over this, and all of this hurts so fucking much." i put my head in my hands after putting my cup next to dallon's. "it's okay, brendon. let it out." he whispered.

     "why does it have to be like this? why didn't my dumbass just not kiss him?" i asked myself. "hey, don't call yourself that. you're not a dumbass at all." he told me. "yes i am. if it weren't for that stupid kiss, ryan and i could've still been friends and this shit wouldn't be happening." i shook my head.

     "brendon, you're not a dumbass. quit calling yourself that." he said.

     we sat in silence for a little as i tried to calm myself down.

     "can i stay here for the night? i don't want my family seeing me and asking what happened." i asked him. "of course, do what you need to do." dallon smiled.