[11.9]

ryan and i were laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. "are you gonna go back home or are you staying?" he asked. i shrugged. "i don't know. it's a school night and i don't know if my parents know that i'm with you or not." i answered.

ryan sighed. "you could stay if you want, but i don't want you getting in trouble." he told me. i thought for a moment before sitting up to grab my phone. ryan sat up as well and looked at me curiously.

"what are you doing?"

"texting my mom that i probably won't be coming home for the night, hope you don't mind." i responded before setting my phone down. ryan grinned. "i don't mind at all." he said before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled us down.

"i kind of just wanna lay here with you." ryan mumbled as he squeezed me tight. i chuckled and pressed my forehead against his. "maybe i kind of just wanna do that, too." i whispered.

ryan smiled. "thank you so much for today." i said. "yeah, of course. thank you for agreeing to this." he responded.

i felt my eyelids grow heavy. fuck. i don't want to go to sleep. "you tired?" ryan asked. i shook my head, not wanting to fall asleep. ryan raised an eyebrow. "you're tired. you should go to sleep." he stated, moving his hand to my hair.

"i don't want to." i mumbled. "why not?" ryan asked as he played with my hair. "i wanna spend more time with you." i told him. ryan grinned and held me tighter. "i wanna spend more time with you, too, but if you're tired then you need to go to sleep." he told me before laughing. "god, when was the last time i was begging you to go to sleep?" he asked, making me laugh.

"it's like you said, i never changed." i said as i buried my face in his chest. ryan chuckled.

     i was struggling to stay awake, and i think ryan could tell.

     "goodnight bren." he whispered.

     "goodnight ry."