[8.4]

"see, i told you they wouldn't be mad." i said as i sat down on my bed. "i know, i know, but they did seem a bit worried." dallon sighed.

     i shrugged. "they're okay." i told him.

     dallon glanced around the room. "i haven't been here in awhile, it's still the same." he stated. "yeah, you think i have the energy to get up and rearrange things?" i raised an eyebrow. "not really." dallon chuckled.

     the party immediately came back to me. dallon almost told me who he liked, and i wanted to know bad.

     "oh yeah, dallon?" i said. dallon looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "are you gonna tell me what you were gonna tell me or not?" i grinned. dallon looked down at his shoes. i immediately felt guilty. "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, though. i'm just—"

     "it's fine." he interrupted me. i looked up at him as he looked at me. "i might as well tell you now, i almost did yesterday." he muttered. "wait, don't feel pressured into telling me." i said. dallon shook his head. "no, it's cool. i was gonna tell you in the first place, anyways." he told me.

     i looked at him patiently as i watched him hesitate, eyes not staying still. "dude, if you don't want to tell me, it's fine." i said after awhile. "no, i got this, um... god i should've told you this before the fucking bottle thing." he squeezed his eyes shut and rubbed the bridge of this nose. i widened my eyes. "holy shit, didn't know that you knew that word." i tried to keep myself from laughing. dallon started to laugh.

"okay, okay. so, i know how you like ryan or whatever, but—" "holy shit, you like ryan?" i gasped. dallon stared at me. "i.. no? what— never mind. okay, well, uh, shit i guess i might as well tell you now." he looked down.

"i mean, this is probably weird to hear considering we basically kissed yesterday and i'm with you a lot, but, um... fuck, it's you. you're the guy i like." he spoke quickly. "wait, really?" i asked. dallon sighed and nodded.

"look, i'm sorry. i know that you and ryan have some thing going on and you probably don't wanna hear that another guy has feelings for you when you already have your eye on someone, but yeah. sorry." he murmured.

     "dal, it's fine. don't beat yourself up over it." i told him. dallon looked up, still avoiding eye contact. "so, you're not mad or uncomfortable or anything like that?" he whispered. "of course not. you can't control how you feel, there's really nothing wrong with it." i shook my head.

     dallon's face lit up before it somewhat faltered and he moved his arms behind his back as if he didn't know what to do with them. i rolled my eyes. "yes, you can still hug me." i smiled. dallon's expression softened before he pulled me into a hug.