[13.0]

i heard a knock on the door and immediately rushed downstairs to answer it. i opened the door and saw the cutest boy in existence.

"hey, um, wanna walk together?" ryan tilted his head. i smiled and nodded.

"yeah, i'll be ready in just a second. you can wait wherever," i told him before running upstairs to find my jacket and my backpack.

where the fuck is my jacket?

"brendon! if you're gonna be walking with your friend then you better hurry!" i heard my mom shout from downstairs.

well, it looks like they've already seen each other. i sighed and picked up my backpack, giving up on trying to find my lavender hoodie. i walked downstairs with my hands shoved in my jean pockets.

"stay safe and watch out for cars, okay?" my mom told us.

"we will, don't worry," i said as ryan and i left the house.

     "where's your jacket? it's freezing," ryan asked and pointed to my bare arm.

     "i couldn't find it, all my other jackets are somewhere in the laundry room, so." i shrugged. ryan frowned and set his backpack down. "what are you doing?" i asked.

     ryan pulled off his hoodie and handed it to me. "here," he said.

     "ryan, you're gonna get cold." i shook my head and held it out.

     "you can wear it, add it to your collection of my hoodies that you took," he teased.

     "but you might get sick!" i argue. ryan rolled his eyes and tried to put my arms through the sleeves of the hoodie.

     "don't fight back." ryan narrowed his eyes as he managed to get both my arms into the sleeves. i sigh and let him pull the hoodie over my head and straighten it out.

     "it's cold outside, ry," i murmured, trying to convince him to take back his jacket. ryan put his backpack on then wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in tight.

     "it's fine, i can just use you for warmth." he said, eyes twinkling and a smirk on his face. i stared at him and gave in.

     "if you end up catching a cold then you can't blame me," i mumbled.

     "i wasn't going to." ryan smiled before we continued walking.