[16.6]

i laid on my bed and stared emptily at the darkened ceiling. i had no idea how much time possibly passed, but i couldn't sleep.

     i wanted to, though. i was tired. i wanted to get my mind of off everything.

     but i couldn't.

     even if my mind was completely blank, i just couldn't fall asleep. it was annoying, especially after thinking i broke that dumb cycle of not sleeping.

     i could text ryan, he always helped.

     i let out a sigh after remembering everything. it was hard not to, really. it just slipped my mind. i was focusing on how tired i was, not my problems with ryan ross.

     eventually, i gave up and picked up my phone, checking the time.

     3:25am.

     that was a long ass time to be doing absolutely nothing.

     whatever.

     i slowly got out of bed and grabbed my backpack. i might as well go and finally do something, despite being totally exhausted.

     reluctantly, i grabbed a small piece of paper and began scribbling a note to leave out in the kitchen.

     "hey, i woke up and left early to get something for school at dallon's house. don't worry, i'll be back after school."

     that was a whole lie, besides maybe the after school part. i didn't even know if dallon was awake, and i was pretty set on not going to school.

     i ran my fingers through my hair and left my room.