[5.4]

the four of us sat on the sidewalk. the sun was setting and we were talking about anything that would come to mind.

"what kind of slushy did you get?" i asked dallon. he looked at it and said, "i mixed cherry and coconut together." dallon answered.

"can i try it?"

"go for it." he said as he handed me his drink.

"so, dallon, how've you been lately?" spencer asked. "uh, i've been good. why?" dallon answered. "don't lie, weekes, there's something up. we can tell." ryan said before putting a french fry in his mouth. dallon shook his head. "i'm fine, really." he told them. dallon looked over to me and i handed the slushy back to him.

"are you sure? we're worried about you, dal." spencer frowned. dallon sighed. "yeah, look, everything's fine right now. i just don't really want to talk about it." he explained. spencer nodded. "okay, i understand. just know that we're always here for you, no matter what." spencer said. dallon smiled. "thank you." he said. "of course." spencer nodded.

"what about you, brendon? does anything hurt?" dallon brought the attention towards me. "i mean, the back of my head is just starting to feel better, but other than that i'm perfectly fine." i answered. "that's good." dallon nodded.

it was completely dark at this point. most of the food was gone and we decided to call it a night. we walked to ryan's house, then spencer's, then finally dallon's house.

"do you need any painkillers for the walk home?" dallon asked as he opened the door. i shook my head. "i'll be okay. thank you, though." i smiled. "are you sure?" dallon raised an eyebrow. "yeah, don't worry about it." i told him. "okay." dallon nodded.

     dallon hugged me. "thank you so much." he said. "yeah, of course. it's no problem at all." i responded, hugging him back.

     dallon pulled away and stepped into his house before looking me in the eyes. "seriously, thank you." he repeated. "you're welcome. have a good night." i was told him. "you too." he smiled before closing the door.