[17.4]

"so what kind of weird shit do you have planned?" i asked as i stared out the window.

     "weird shit?" dallon held back a tiny laugh.

     "yeah. what's happening?" i asked.

     dallon parked outside of a house and told me to get out of the car. i got out, of course, but didn't know where we were.

     the two of us walked over to the front door before dallon knocked. the door opened shortly after, and someone smiled.

     "brendon! dallon! glad you two could make it!" william smiled before opening the door a little wider to let us in.

     "what's happening?" i whispered to dallon.

     "we all felt like you could use some cheering up, so we're just kind of having a last minute get together," dallon explained.

     "brendon! hey!" gabe waved to me. i smiled at him without saying a word.

     "everything alright?" dallon asked. i nodded.

     "well would you look at that, if it isn't the man of the hour!" pete placed his hands on my shoulders. i chuckled.

     "hey pete, how're you doing?" i asked.

     "pretty good!"

     i zoned out after that. pete was rambling about something, but i didn't really know.

     i almost made eye contact with pete once again, but something caught my eye.

     someone walked in through the backdoor.

     "uh, sorry for interrupting, but where's the bathroom?" i asked quickly.

     "down that hallway." pete pointed towards the left. i nodded and left as fast as i could.