[16.4]

spencer, pete, and i quickly made our way over to a pretty large crowd and attempted to push our way through.

"are you sure that this is where ryan is?" i asked. pete nodded without saying a word, just frantically shoving his way through the waves of people.

eventually, we made it to the center, and ryan was laying in the middle.

"ryan! fuck," i shouted before running towards the thin boy.

"aw, look, your boyfriend's here to save the day." brent smirked as i helped ryan up.

"he's not my boyfriend," ryan muttered.

i don't know what hurt more, seeing ryan all beat up, or him saying that i'm not his boyfriend.

     "oh? that's not what everyone, including the two of you, have been saying." brent raised an eyebrow, his smirk not leaving his face.

     "wait, what? ry?" i looked at ryan. ryan sighed and began walking away.

     "ouch, that's gotta be a hard way to find out that your boyfriend doesn't wanna be your boyfriend, huh?"

     "goddammit brent, why the fuck do you have to be such an asshole? we made one simple mistake while talking to you and now you wanna make our life a living hell. what the fuck is wrong with you?"

     "brendon, brendon, chill. don't get your dick all twisted."

     "go fuck yourself. seriously, i don't fucking care anymore, you're the worst person i've ever fucking met and i swear to god if you fucking talk to me or ryan again you won't fucking hear the end of it." i stepped up to brent and looked him in the eye. brent stared at me with a blank expression before i left to chase after ryan.

     "ryan wait!" i called out. i managed to catch up to him pretty shortly. "ryan, can we talk?"

     "leave me alone." he mumbled, increasing his speed.

     "ry, please. did you really mean—"

     "why don't you go talk to dallon? you seem to love him a lot. so much that you can't help but be all over each other."

     "ryan, no! it's not like that—"

     "brendon."

ryan stopped and turned to face me.

he was crying.

"ry—"

     "brendon, just leave me alone. okay? is it really that hard?" his voice cracked slightly. i remained still, not making a single sound. ryan turned as he shook his head and continued walking. i stood there and watched him as i did nothing at all.

     "i'm sorry."