[9.3]

i knocked on the door three times and waited for it to open.

after some time, the door opened and ryan peeked out. "hey." he smiled before opening it wider. "hi." i said as i stepped inside.

     i heard the door close behind me before i watched ryan walk over to the kitchen. "sorry, i was making hot chocolate. you want some?" he asked before pouring himself a mug. "yeah, sure. thanks." i nodded. ryan hummed in response before reaching up to a cabinet.

     "you can sit down, you know." he looked back at me before beginning to make more hot chocolate. i made my way over to the couch and looked around.

     not much has changed since last time i actually took a look at the living room. most pictures are still the same. the only main difference i could think of is that there's a different kind of flowers in the vase on the table.

     ryan came over and sat next to me, handing me a mug. "so, are your parents mad?" he asked before taking a sip of his hot chocolate. "no, i don't think so. they weren't happy, though." i shook my head. ryan nodded, then started to laugh. "what's wrong?" i tilted my head. "sorry, sorry, its just.. you're wearing my old jacket." he pointed at me.

that was his jacket? it's been in my closet for as long as i could remember.

"this is yours?" i raised an eyebrow. "yeah, remember? we were walking back from the hill and it got really cold. you didn't have a jacket." he told me. "holy shit, yeah." i nodded as the memory came back to me. "how does that still fit you?" he started to laugh even more. "you've always been taller than me, this jacket was also too big for you in the first place." i grinned and rolled my eyes.

     "oh well, i just can't believe you still have that." ryan set his mug down. i shrugged. "i forgot it was yours in the first place." i told him. "i mean, it's not a big deal. remember when you used to have those bright red glasses that you hated?" he asked. "oh, god. you don't still have them, do you?" i tried to keep myself from laughing. "yeah, they're in one of my drawers somewhere." he smiled. i couldn't contain my laughter any longer.

     "dork." i chuckled. "i'm not the one wearing my old jacket." he nudged me with his elbow.

     i missed this.