[10.5]

my attention was brought to the stairs as i heard footsteps go down them. dallon was rubbing his eyes while yawning. "hey dallon." i greeted, going back to the stove. "brendon? when did you get here?" he mumbled. i shrugged and began pouring some of the soup into a bowl.

"you woke up just in time. i was making chicken noodle soup for you." i told him before i brought the bowl to the table. "i told you that you didn't have to do this." dallon yawned as he sat down. "well, i didn't want you having to do a bunch of shit for yourself when you're sick, so i figured that i might as well help out." i told him.

dallon stared at the bowl. "you're gonna get sick." he said. "i'll be fine. worry about yourself, more." i shook my head. dallon sighed and began eating.

"thank you." i heard dallon whisper. "of course." i nodded. "no, seriously. you're a really good person, you know that?" he looked up at me.

i chuckled and looked down at my shoes. "thank you." i smiled.

dallon hummed in response. "how was school? was everything okay?" he asked. "oh, yeah. everything went good. god, the funniest shit happened at lunch, but i think you should hear it from spencer or ryan." i laughed. "which ryan?" dallon tilted his head. "ryan seaman." i said.

dallon nodded. "oh, speaking of the two ryans, how are you and 'ross doing?" he asked.

i wanted to gush about how happy i was about ryan and i. i wanted to ramble on and on about ryan. but i couldn't. i can't do that to dallon.

i cleared my throat. "uh, we're doing good. really good, actually." i said quietly. "that's good. have you two finally got back to where it was at before everything happened or what?" he asked.

     shit, i was gonna have to tell him eventually.

     "yeah, um... yeah, it's actually a lot better now." i nodded. dallon raised an eyebrow. "are you okay?" he asked. i sat down in the seat across from dallon. "brendon?"

     "i'm sorry, dallon. i really am. you're a really good person and you deserve the world," i started, "i really don't want to let you down while you're sick, but you're gonna have to know."

     dallon stared at me with a confused expression.

     "ryan and i are together now. i'm sorry. i still remember what you told me, and i'm really sorry." i finished. dallon blinked. "oh." he said.

     "i'm sorry." i sighed. i must've sounded like a broken record with the amount of times i apologized. "it's fine. it's really no big deal." he mumbled. i nodded. "you have your own feelings. i have no control over what you do. i just want you to be happy." he grinned softly.

    the room became silent.