[4.0]

i bounced my foot and let my eyes travel around the room. class hadn't even started yet, so everyone was either talking, spaced out, or on their phones.

the teacher came in as she looked behind her. "good morning, i hope you all are awake and ready to learn!" she smiled.

i groaned quietly. i was exhausted from the sudden lack of sleep and didn't want to do anything.

maybe i could've slept if i would just talk to ryan. no. bad idea. it could be a good idea, though. no, bad.

"please be respectful as we welcome our new student." she took a step to the side and looked back into the hallway. a slender boy with brown hair walked in.

fuck.

"i am assuming some of you already know him, yes?" she tilted her head.

fuck.

everyone looked at each other. some nodded and some shook their heads. "well, for those of you who don't know, this is ryan." she grinned.

fuck!

i felt my eyes involuntarily widen and i immediately looked down at my desk to avoid any eye contact. "doesn't ryan have blue hair?" i heard someone ask.

someone cleared their throat. "uh, i'm ryan ross. ryan seaman is the one with blue hair, sorry." i heard ryan stumble over his words.

no, no, no, no, no. he can't be in this class.

"alright, well, now that you've introduced yourself, you can have a seat wherever there is an open area." the teacher said as she went behind her desk. my head shot up. i didn't want to, but i couldn't help but watch.

there was a seat open next to me.

part of me was hoping he'd sit with me, the other part wanted him as far as possible.

i watched as ryan began to walk in my direction. i tilted my head down once more but kept my eyes on ryan. he hadn't seemed to notice me until our eyes met. i could tell he tried not to smile. he succeeded to keep his resting face as he walked past me to the back of the class.

this is gonna be hell.