[8.0]

i woke up to the sound of an alarm going off. it took me a couple seconds to realize that i wasn't in my room.

     "shit, did i fall asleep?" i gasped. ryan rolled over and looked at me. "you're still here?" he mumbled. i looked around wide-eyed. "i guess so?" i responded. "dude, when i woke up i thought you left since i basically passed out mid-conversation." he sat up and stretched his arms out. "i didn't even know you fell asleep.. was i talking to myself?" i started laughing. "wouldn't doubt it." ryan chuckled.

     i stood up and yawned. "well, shit." i looked down at the clothes i was wearing. a black t-shirt and gray sweatpants. "it's not like anyone's gonna care." ryan shrugged. "well, yeah, but i'd rather not show up to school in the clothes i wore to sleep." i shook my head. "why not? i'll do it if you want." he told me. i laughed. "you're kidding." i said. his face remained serious.

     "dude, you don't have to." i said. "too late. go ahead and take anything you want to eat." ryan got up and walked to the bathroom.

     i had at least fifteen missed calls from my parents. oh well. i'd see them after school, anyway.

     i left his room and headed downstairs to the kitchen. i settled on a granola bar and sat down at the table to eat.

     ryan came down while rubbing his eyes. "do you need any money for lunch?" he asked. "i'm okay. i can just take spencer or dallon's food." i shook my head. "are you sure? i can give you some." ryan looked upstairs. "yeah, i'm okay. thanks." i nodded.

     ryan sat across from me and looked at me. "is there something wrong?" i raised an eyebrow. "you know, the face you have when you're tired never changed." he stated. "uh, alright?" i laughed. "wait, i don't mean that in a creepy way! it's just, i don't know, it's been years and you still haven't changed." he explained quickly, which made me laugh even harder. "i get it, it's fine! but you're right, guess i never changed." i told him, thinking about how long this crush on him had been going on.

     ryan rolled his eyes and smiled. "we should probably hurry up, we'll be late." he stood up and went back upstairs.

     i finished my granola bar and followed him. i would be fine with being late, though. especially if it was with him.