[6.1]

"okay, brendon. calm down. everything will go just fine." i kept repeating in my head. i was nervous. i wasn't sure how things would go considering what had happened.

     "it will be fine."

     i walked onto the street that ryan's house was located. butterflies swarmed my stomach and i wasn't sure if i should chicken out or start running closer. i did neither. i kept my pace and tried not to think too much.

     i stopped once i saw the familiar boy sitting on his front doorstep. "hey ryan." i said. ryan looked up and smiled. "brendon, hi." he stood up and walked over to me.

     "it's really early. you know we don't live that far from the school, right?" ryan raised an eyebrow. "yeah, but when i walk with people i like leaving early." i shrugged. ryan nodded. "okay, but it still doesn't start until eight." he pointed out. "then i guess we'll just be a bit early then." i grinned. ryan smiled and rolled his eyes. "i could've slept another, what, thirty or more minutes?" he said. "aw, boohoo. cry about it." i told him. ryan laughed and nudged me with his elbow.

     "so, do you think they'll be mad or anything?" ryan spoke up. "who?" i questioned. "spencer, dallon, and the other ryan. i mean, you told them, didn't you?" he replied. i sighed. "yeah, i did. i don't know how they'll react to be honest, but i'm hoping it'll be good. dallon was all on board for me talking to you though." i told him. ryan grinned. "is that so?" "yeah, he's a big sweetheart. if you explain to any of my friends what happened, dallon would be the most likely to understand." i nodded. ryan laughed.

     before long, we were already halfway to the school. "um, brendon, we still have like 20 minutes before we have to be there." ryan said. it only took us that long to make it halfway because we were messing around for some of it. "it's fine, we can just take a longer way." i shrugged. ryan nodded.

the two of us continued walking. "am i allowed to be a sappy fuck in the morning?" ryan asked. i chuckled. "sure, why not?" i responded. "okay.. well, i'm still surprised that you're completely fine with everything that happened. i really fucked up and you still don't mind it at all." he told me. i gave him a sad smile. "don't get too hung up on that, okay? what matters right now is that we're both okay and over it." i said. ryan sighed. "yeah, i know, i just want to make it up to you. there's no way i could do that." he shook his head.

     "uh, ryan, in case you forgot, you already did make it up to me, remember?" i grinned and raised an eyebrow. "that was it?" ryan raised his eyebrows. "yeah, if i remember correctly, you specifically told me, 'can i make it up to you' and now we're here." i laughed. "so, you're telling me, that you're perfectly fine now?" he questioned. "yep. don't even sweat it." i nodded. "damn, you're amazing." he chuckled. "yeah, now don't be too hard on yourself. everything is going to be okay." i said.