[7.7]

it was seven thirteen. dallon and i were on the couch laughing and telling each other stories. "uh, brendon. can i tell you something?" dallon asked. "yeah, what's up?" i nodded. "so, uh, you know how i told you about that whole feelings thing the other day?" he looked to the side, avoiding eye contact. "yep." i responded.

"i think i figured it out. i do actually have feelings for him." dallon said. "holy shit, no way!" i grinned. dallon started laughing again. "who is it?" i asked. dallon's eyes widened for a brief second. "uh, yeah. okay, so, about that, uh.. yeah it's-"

"hey brendon! do you and your friend wanna play a game with us?" someone shouted, interrupting our conversation. it was alex. "do you want to?" i asked dallon. "why not?" he stood up. "uh, sure. what game?" i got up and walked over to them. "you'll see." alex grinned.

alex had us all sit in a circle. "what, are we playing duck duck goose or some shit?" i chuckled. alex shook his head. "nah, we're playing something a bit more fun." he responded. i stretched my arms forward. "i don't know, this seems kinda boring." i yawned. i was tired and genuinely not interested in the game.

"well, since you don't wanna play, how about you start us off?" alex smiled at me before pushing an empty soda bottle into the middle. i looked at the bottle, then back at alex. "what am i supposed to do with this?" i raised an eyebrow. "we're playing spin the bottle, we didn't have enough people so we decided to drag you and dallon in." he shrugged.

"uh, actually, i don't really do these kinds of things. sorry, i'll pass." i shook my head before starting to stand up. "please?" jack frowned. "look, i'm sorry, i just don't play games like that." i shook my head.

     "come on, brendon. it's just a stupid party game." alex begged. "i don't know..." i mumbled before taking a glance at the circle. the circle was pretty small, dallon and i included. i sighed and gave in, mostly so that they'd stop asking me to stay. i looked at dallon. "are you staying?" i asked. dallon looked around. "well, i don't know where ryan or spencer are, so sure." he shrugged.

     "okay, brendon, since you tried to leave, you get to go first." alex looked at me, then to the bottle. i sighed and spun the bottle before shutting my eyes.

     "ooh, see, it's not that hard! you literally got your best friend!" alex said. the bottle was pointing at dallon.

     "it can't be that bad. i hang out with him almost all the time at this point," i thought.

     "so, do i just go over to him or what?" i raised an eyebrow. "dude, just kiss him." frank groaned. i rolled my eyes and went over to dallon. "look, if you don't want to do this, you can just leave. i really don't want to play this game either." i mumbled. "we can hear you." grace pointed out.

     dallon looked at alex before looking back at me. "remember, it's just a stupid party game. no meaning to it at all. just a friendly little kiss." alex said. i rolled my eyes. "before i do this, i need to know if you're cool with it." i told dallon. dallon thought for a second. "yeah, sure. just a quick peck on the lips, right?" he looked up. "yeah, yeah, just a party game." i nodded.

"okay, here goes nothing." i said before leaning him and pressing my lips against dallon's for maybe a second or two before pulling away.

"that's it?" i heard hayley speak. "what?" i turned to look at her. she started laughing. "dude, have you ever been to a party? you gotta last at least five seconds." she told us. "hayley, chill." alex laughed. "do we have to?" i raised an eyebrow. "if you don't wanna be lame, yeah." she nodded.

i turned back to dallon. "once again, are you okay with this?" i asked. "yeah. it's just a party game." he mumbled with a little bit of gloom in his tone. i raised an eyebrow. "are you alright?" i whispered. dallon nodded.

"hurry up, i'm bored." frank said.

three, two, one.

our lips met once more, but we actually put something into it. i mean, what the hell are you supposed do? just sit completely still with your lips touching? and- holy fuck he's actually a pretty good kisser.

we pulled apart and i was obviously shocked. didn't know he had it in him. i slowly went back to my spot. "finally, my god you guys took forever." frank groaned.

     i laughed. "yeah, sorry."

     "brendon! there you are, come over here real quick!" i heard spencer shout. "i gotta go." i stood up. "alright, we'll just find some other people. you took forever. you can go too if you want." alex looked over to dallon. dallon got up and the both of us went over to spencer.