[11.7]

"when did you start playing again?" i asked ryan as he set his guitar down beside his bed. "i think a year or two ago, don't remember." he shrugged. i remembered when he told me he didn't want to play anymore when we were younger.

"you're really talented." i point out. ryan looked to the side and half-smiled. "it's nothing, really. it took awhile for me to get this decent." he said as he rubbed his arm. i rolled my eyes. "no, you really do have a talent. don't be so modest." i chuckled as i lightly punched his arm. "maybe i would if you'd stop hitting me." ryan nudged me.

"why should i?" i grinned. ryan raised an eyebrow and wrapped his arms around me, pulling us down onto the bed. i laughed as he squeezed me tight and planted a kiss on my forehead. "maybe because i'll do something like that, i don't know." ryan responded. "i should hit you more often, then." i said.

ryan laughed and shook his head. "you're so cute." he whispered. "you're cuter." i said as i moved closer. "i beg to differ." ryan shook his head. "stop lying, you know you're cute." i rolled my eyes. ryan shook his head once more until we just looked at each other.

ryan gazed down then quickly looked back up to meet my eyes.

way to be subtle.

"do you mind if i.. um.." ryan trailed off. i tried to keep myself from laughing. "go for it." i told him. ryan nodded as he swallowed. he looked at me nervously and i moved in closer.

ryan closed the gap between us, our lips pressed against each other. i shut my eyes and somehow got closer.

we pulled away for a brief moment and stared at each other, listened to our breathing, before our lips met again. ryan tangled his hand into my hair and i gripped onto the back of his shirt, making the kiss deeper.

eighth grade me would be sobbing for a whole different reason if this happened instead.

somehow, we fit together perfectly. like this was supposed to be happening. i'm perfectly okay with that. i'm totally okay with being meant to kiss his soft pink lips and have our arms wrapped around each other.

then we heard something. the sound of a door closing.

ryan immediately pulled away, eyes wide. someone called out his name.

"fuck, my dad's home." he muttered before quickly wiping his mouth and patting his hair down. "shit, um, what do you want me to do?" i asked.

ryan straightened out his shirt and thought for a second.

"just stay in here for now, if that's alright." he told me. i nodded before he smiled and left his room.