𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗶 | halfsies

Reader Is: Older Eighth Member
Categories: Fluff
Summary: The reader takes her girlfriend Dami out for ice cream when she can't find anything sweet to eat.

Lee Dami sighed, leaning forward so that her forehead was resting against the freezer, and her fist raised to gently hit the steel surface. "There's nothing sweet to eat!" she whined, looking at you with a pout that melted your heart as your eyes flitted over to her. "I ate too much salty food, I need something sweet!"

"There's no soda?" you questioned, and Dami shook her head. "Ice pops? Ice cream? Pepero sticks? Chocolate?" Dami shook her head again after each food you listed. "You looked everywhere, huh?"

"Yeah," she sighed. "It's okay. I guess I'll live."

"Why don't you just go out and get something?" you suggested simply.

Dami sighed again. "No, I don't want to go out alone. I'll just order something."

You blinked. "Who said I wouldn't go?"

Dami's eyes lit up as they reconnected with your gaze. "Really? You'd go out with me?"

The way she put the words made your heart skip a beat. "Of course I will. Ice cream date?"

"Ice cream date!" Dami repeated excitedly, bringing her hands to her cheeks as she grinned and bounced up and down, making you laugh. Her aegyo was rare for the cameras, but even though you, personally, got to see it often, it never failed to make you grin.

"Come on, then, let's go." You collected your purse and phone, which were still lying nearby since you hadn't put them away since you'd come back from shopping, and used your free hand to pull Dami out the door. "My treat."

The ice cream shop was only a few steps away once you got outside, and you spent the walking time wisely. "What flavor are you going to get?" you questioned.

"I think I'll get mint chocolate chip," Dami hummed thoughtfully. "What about you?"

"I was thinking about getting raspberry cheesecake flavor."

Dami's eyes widened, and she hummed in approval. "That sounds delicious."

"I was just thinking that about the mint chocolate chip flavor that you mentioned," you admitted with a giggle.

"I have an idea," Dami said suddenly as you approached the ice cream shop and she pulled open the door for both of you, "let's get both and split it."

"That sounds perfect." The shop was nearly empty - the only other person there besides you, Dami, and the employees was just paying for their cone, and you both got in line to order.

Dami did the talking for you, requesting two bowls with one scoop each of the sweet treat, and you happily handed over your card at the counter to pay.

The dishes and a set of spoons were in your hands momentarily, and Dami led you both to the countertop that faced the glass looking onto the sidewalk to sit down on a pair of barstools.

"How are we gonna do this?" you giggled, looking from your dish to hers at the rather large mounds of sugary frozen goodness inside.

Dami didn't respond using words, simply leaning over and sticking her spoon in your dish before pulling out a bite of raspberry cheesecake ice cream and popping it into her mouth.

The sight made you giggle happily, and you did the same to her dish of ice cream, relishing the refreshing, sweet taste.

"This was a great idea, unnie," Dami said with a contented sigh. With a grin, she looked over at you, her eyes sparkling. "You're the perfect person to go halfsies with."