𝘀𝗶𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | dire wolf

Reader Is: Neutral Age (Non-DC AU)
Categories: Angst, Fluff, Smut
Preferences: Top (Siyeon), Bottom (Reader)
Summary: Siyeon shows up at the home of her ex-girlfriend, the reader.

It was inevitable, all of it. The fire in her eyes, the challenge in her words, your demise.

Danger loomed from the moment that Lee Siyeon appeared in your window, walking up the path to your house and knocking on your door. Yet what could you do but let her in?

The blonde hit your whiskey glass with the back of her hand. It wasn't enough to knock it off of your dining table, only to shake the liquid and make you cringe. "What is this? You left the bar just to drink alone?"

"Well, I didn't think that you would come, but it seems that I'm not alone anymore."

A smirk toyed with the corners of Siyeon's plump lips. It didn't reach her eyes before it faded. "I left early."

"That's not like you." Siyeon could almost always be found at the local tavern with the rest of her band, Dreamcatcher, playing until the wee hours of morning.

"Didn't I used to leave early all the time?"

"Emphasis on the past tense, there, Sy."

She was sin and temptation personified and bundled together into one flaxen-haired package. You knew that there was a reason that you broke up with Siyeon, but at the moment, you couldn't remember why. All that you could think about were her strong arms pulling you in and her familiar white musk perfume that shouldn't have brought you as much comfort as it still did.

"I missed hearing you call me that."

"Sy?" The rhetorical question came out in a mumble as Siyeon held your head against her chest. She heard you loud and clear, regardless.

"Yeah, that," she sighed. "I'm sorry, princess."

The pet name made you inhale sharply. A year later, she hadn't forgotten what you liked to be called.

And you hadn't forgotten what she did to you.

You pushed her away, turning your gaze over her shoulder. You wanted to look anywhere but into her piercing, wolf-like eyes. "'Sorry' isn't an explanation, Siyeon."

She drew up a chair, taking a seat on its oak edge. A pang went through your heart as you observed the way that she sat, her legs spread and hands clasped between them, still the same as before. When everything was different. "And I suppose that you don't want to hear me out."

"Let's see," you began dryly. "You want me to sit there, listen to, and eventually accept your bullshit answer as to why you ghosted me? No, I don't really feel like wasting my time on that. You'll leave tomorrow and I'll never hear from you again. I know your games now, Siyeon."

She stood up, shoving the chair back into place under the table, and dusted off her perfectly clean pants. "You're right, princess. I—"

"Fucking hell, Sy. Out with it already."

"Because I was fucking in love with you, okay? And I was scared. I never loved a woman before. I didn't have it in me to break up with you, so I..."

"Left," you finished for her bitterly.

"I ran. And I'm fucking sorry, I am, princess, I swear to you."

"I bet you are," you replied. You grabbed the half-empty glass on the table and drained it of its remaining contents in record time before slamming it back down. "You lost the best thing that had ever happened to you."