𝘀𝗶𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | louder than words | 𝘫𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘰

Reader Is: Neutral Age (Non-DC AU)
Categories: Angst, Fluff
Summary: Truths about Siyeon come to light when the reader goes off to college.

You slammed the door of your clean closet shut with a satisfied sigh, dumping the last two winter coats hidden in the back corner into the cardboard box at your feet. "Done."

Kim Bora grinned, holding her hand up for a high five, which you granted her. "Good job, kid."

You wrinkled your nose at her as you bent down to gather the box in your arms. "Do you really have to call me that? I know that we're not dating anymore, but still." Bora just rolled her eyes in response, but you knew that she had heard you.

You and Bora had broken up shortly after the incident with Lee Siyeon's love confession. It had pushed the two of you to a realization that you wouldn't want to continue your relationship anyways since you were going to different colleges, in addition to the knowledge that you would be better suited with other people.

Nothing had ever happened with the pretty brown-eyed girl that used to sit next to you in English class, though. It was tense between you and Siyeon after her unexpected confession, and you weren't even sure that she knew that you and Bora had gone back to being just friends, since Siyeon now arrived late and left early to every class that you had with her since then (which admittedly wasn't that long ago).

Bora lifted one handle of the box as the two of you headed out to the waiting car. Your best friend wouldn't be making the trip to help you move in at college, since she needed to be at the airport to take a flight to her new school in an hour. In fact, you would be alone, since you had hired a decorator to set up everything for you. All you would have to do was bring your last box of clothing in.

"I love you," you whispered in Bora's ear as she scooped you up into a hug. "Always have..."

"Always will," she finished for you, giving you a smile that couldn't hide her tear-filled eyes. "I'll FaceTime you every day."

"I know, Bora. We discussed this," you grinned at her, giving her shoulder a slight shove. "And I'll see you on vacay for spring break."

"Yeah," Bora agreed happily, her eyes lighting up. "By the way, I just wanted to make sure – are the drinks on you for the whole cruise?"

"We'll see," you winked at her as you climbed into the car. She was your only sendoff, seeing as your college was only ten minutes from your house. Everyone else would be by to visit you, and you would go home regularly.

Bora held out her hand, so you reached through the window and squeezed it. "I love you, too, by the way."

"Thanks. I wasn't quite sure," you teased her, but you squeezed her hand in return to appease her anyways. "See you soon, Bboya."

"See you, babe." Bora waved from the gate in front of your penthouse building until you couldn't see her anymore. With a shaky sigh, you rolled up your window and turned your music up louder.

Your new campus was positively beautiful. Though you envied Bora's choice of college on the gorgeous Jeju Island, the prestigious university that you ended up selecting was perfect for staying close to your mother, which was a priority for you after your father's death.

Your dorm was on the highest floor, but you didn't mind the elevator ride since it was empty. You couldn't wait to see what your decorator had done with the space. Distracted from missing Bora by that prospect, you practically skipped down the hallway with your box of clothes. Room 1301 was the first on the floor, to your delight, and you opened the door with an anticipatory grin on your face. Then suddenly, your jaw and everything in your arms fell on the floor all at the same time.

"Siyeon?"

"What are you doing here?"

You both spoke at the same time, but neither of you bothered to repeat yourselves, a bit too shocked to speak again just yet.

"Where's Bora? She's not helping you?" were Siyeon's next questions, which she asked with a tight smile.

A sad look flashed through your eyes. "She's going to school on Jeju, and we're not long distance people. We broke up a while ago."

"Oh. I...I hope I wasn't responsible for that in any way," Siyeon said softly, nibbling on her bottom lip with her teeth. "I...realize that my confession was kind of unexpected, and I'm sorry."

You chuckled as you bent down, beginning to pick up the clothing that had spilled out of the cardboard box, which you were now regretting not sealing. "'Kind of?' The only other time that you ever talked to me was to ask what the word 'precise' meant."

"I really am sorry," Siyeon offered again as she dropped to her knees to help you, beginning to toss things back into the box.

"Why would you apologize for such a thing?" You meant to look up at your new roommate with a reassuring smile, but it fell from your face the instant that your eyes met her own. Her chocolate orbs, which you could now see quite well since you were so close to her, seemed as big as those of a deer, and she batted her long lashes curiously, leaning forward a bit as though she couldn't hear you very well. You thought in that moment that you could see the whole world in her gaze, and you couldn't help the words that fell out of your mouth next. "I love you, too."

"What?" Siyeon whispered. If you had thought that her eyes couldn't get any bigger, you were sorely mistaken. They nearly doubled in size, looking almost comical. If your heart hadn't been racing so fast that you felt sick, you would have laughed.

"I've been thinking about it for a while," you quickly confessed. "Ever since Bora and I broke up, I've been thinking about how you and I would be together."

"Stop there," Siyeon replied, holding a finger to your lips, and you felt your heart sink, fearing that you had said the wrong thing, but you had no need to worry. "That's all I need to know right now. We can talk more later."

"Later?" you asked bewilderedly. You wanted to question why you couldn't give her the whole story now, but you didn't even get the chance to open your mouth again, because Siyeon's lips were suddenly against your own. And for the first time in your life, you felt butterflies because of someone's touch.

You couldn't wait to tell Siyeon all about how you had always admired her sharp cheekbones and soft eyes, but you had to put a pause on those desires. For now, all you wanted to do was keep feeling Siyeon's sweet kiss, her fingers tangling themselves in your hair the way that they were, your hands toying with her t-shirt as she held you gently in her strong arms, knowing that she loved you and you loved her. And finally, you understood how actions could speak louder than words.