𝘆𝗼𝗼𝗵𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗻 | i always love you

Reader Is: Neutral Age (Group Not Mentioned)
Categories: Angst, Fluff
Summary: Yoohyeon worries whether she's good enough for the reader, her girlfriend.

With the way that your girlfriend was fidgeting with your fingers as she laid down with her head in your lap, you knew that something was bothering her. She had been quiet all day, only smiling – and slightly so, at that – when you talked to her, which was highly unusual for the cheerful Kim Yoohyeon, who normally sported a carefree grin as though it were permanently etched on her angelic face. You hesitated to bring up a sensitive subject, afraid that it might upset her further, but your curiosity and desire to make Yoohyeon feel better finally overrode your trepidation.

"Yooh, is something wrong?" you asked. "You've been pretty quiet today."

Unfortunately, your wishes didn't come true, as evidenced by the way that you suddenly began to watch your fears of upsetting Yoohyeon come true before your eyes. Her chin immediately began to wobble as she swallowed thickly, but before you could ask what the matter was, she told you. "I'm afraid that you'll leave me."

"What? Why?" If Yoohyeon hadn't still been laying on your lap, continuing to pick at your fingernails, you would have jumped up off of the couch in shock. "Why would you ever think that?"

"I always do," Yoohyeon mumbled meekly. "Cause I'm afraid that I'm not good enough for you."

"Yoohyeon," you laughed slightly, not out of humor, but out of disbelief at what you were hearing. "Are you kidding? You are the most beautiful, talented, funny, and compassionate girl in the world. If anything, I am not good enough for you, but I still wouldn't leave you for that reason, either, because I'm counting my blessings that this amazing woman loves me so that I get the chance to worship and adore her every day."

You hardly were able to process all the words that had tumbled out of your mouth, one right after another, even though all of them were honest. It seemed to you like they had come straight from your heart rather than your mind, and you looked down at Yoohyeon again to gauge her reaction.

"You mean it?" Yoohyeon whispered, her eyebrows knitted together in a furrowed expression of hope and the sort of utter trust that both broke your heart and made it swell at the same time.

"Of course I mean it," you replied, your own voice hushed as you spoke. "Even if you didn't want me, I would love you. Even if you hated me, I would love you. Even if you left me, I would love you. I love you at your best, and even though I don't think that you have that side to you, I would love you at your worst. Your worst is still the best to me, Yooh."

It was only a split second before Yoohyeon covered her face with her hands and began to sob, her shoulders shaking violently in such a manner that made you worry that she would fall off the couch. You quickly put your arms around her and guided her so that she was sitting on your lap with her face buried in the crook of your neck, and you rubbed her back soothingly.

"I didn't know that you felt like this," you whispered in a pained voice as Yoohyeon's crying began to subside a few moments later. "I wish that you had told me earlier so that I could reassure you more. Do I not tell you enough how much I love you?"

"You do, you always tell me enough," Yoohyeon managed to choke out. "You tell me all the time. I'm just always afraid."

"Oh, Yooh," you sighed, continuing to rub your girlfriend's back. "I never want you to be afraid, but I know that this kind of thing can't be helped with anything besides time in most cases." You paused, pushing on Yoohyeon's shoulders gently so that your eyes could meet. You carefully reached up to her face and brushed away her tears, one by one, slowly and deliberately, until her rosy cheeks were dry again.

"Just promise me...what you said earlier, will you?" Yoohyeon whispered softly, looking down at your lap as she spoke, as though she dared not to meet your eyes while she made her request.

"Look at me," you instructed gently, tilting Yoohyeon's head up with the pad of your thumb pressed against her chin. You brought your hand away from her face once her eyes met yours again, and laced your pinky together with hers instead. "I always love you, Kim Yoohyeon, forever and ever. I promise."