𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗴 | dear

Reader Is: Neutral Age (InSomnia AU)
Categories: Fluff
Summary: Dong and the reader reminisce on the day that they met thanks to Dreamcatcher during their first dance as wives.

Though you still felt shaky with nerves knowing that everyone's eyes were on you, you visibly relaxed as you stepped into Han Dong's embrace on the dance floor. "You okay?" your new wife giggled as you sighed slightly upon meeting her eyes.

"Fantastic," you answered honestly. "Just not used to being watched all day."

Dong hummed in agreement, and she opened her mouth to respond, but the DJ cut her off. "Let's put our hands together for your new couple, Mrs. and Mrs. Han!"

You grinned at the use of your new name. It was an easy choice for the two of you, because you had always loved Dong's family name and didn't much care for your own. Now, you felt as though the title signified a bit more of who you were: hers, a representation of your new life, not of a family that you had never been overly tied to.

Slowly, you realized that the music for your first dance with your new wife had begun to play, knocking you out of your thoughts.

Dong slipped her hands securely around your waist, and you looped yours around the back of her neck, tilting your head to look directly into her warm, cocoa-colored eyes. You could see that they were already beginning to get glassy as the first lyrics could be heard throughout the reception hall. "The first time I told you I love you, it felt so hard for me to say it," Lee Gahyeon, Dreamcatcher's sub vocalist, sang sweetly.

Dreamcatcher was the reason you and Dong had met. It was both of your favorite K-Pop group, and Dong had seen JiU on your phone case when she sat down next to you on the bus. Because she was too shy to say anything, she had subtly begun listening to Dreamcatcher's discography, hoping that you would eventually glance over - which you did, of course, sneaking a peek at her phone's lockscreen to see if there were any hints of the beautiful girl next to you maybe, just maybe, being single. From the moment that she handed you an earbud with a shy smile and a blush on her cheeks, you had been utterly enchanted.

"I love you," you whispered, unintentionally at the same time as the same sentence could be heard in the song, and you and Dong shared a quiet giggle before she replied.

"I love you, too, angel," she said softly, her graceful hands with their long, delicate fingers toying with the lace of your white dress as she spoke. "I'm so glad that I married you."

"Me too," you grinned. "This is the best day of my life."

"And mine." With that, Dong put a bit of space between you two, holding one of your hands and elegantly twirling you around once before bringing you even closer than you had been to her before, as though the split second of physical distance was far too much for her to handle.

"This was our song from day one," you said softly with a smile.

Dong giggled. "You almost cried on my shoulder when I played this on the bus, and I didn't even know your name yet."

You fought back the urge to roll your eyes playfully, knowing that you were still being photographed. "I told you it, like, right after that."

Dong grinned. "Just teasing. I think it's cute when you get emotional."

"Well, one of us has to be," you joked, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "Besides, I hear you getting all choked up right now."

"I think that I've cried more today than I have in my whole life," Dong replied as you reached up and brushed a stray tear off of her plump cheek.

"As long as they're happy tears, that's quite okay," you said.

"Of course they are," Dong smiled, sniffling a bit as she looked up and blinked rapidly before meeting your eyes again.

You let a gentle silence wash over the two of you as you swayed together to the music, listening to the heartfelt words. "Every little detail is so precious, do you know how I feel?" Kim Yoohyeon sung, her melodic voice ringing out beautifully over the dance floor.

"I know how you feel," you whispered with a smile, looking into Dong's eyes lovingly as you answered the song.

"Of course," Dong said softly, pulling you just a bit closer so that you could feel her steady heartbeat as you both spoke at the same time.

"You're my dear."