𝗷𝗶𝘂 | date night

Reader Is: Younger Eighth Member
Categories: Fluff, Romance
Summary: JiU asks the reader, her girlfriend, to take her on a date in America for the first time while they're on tour.

"I'm bored." Kim JiU flopped onto her hotel bed, looking at you with a rather pitiful gaze.

"Well, what do you suggest we do about that?" You didn't look up from your phone that you were scrolling through, replying a bit absentmindedly.

"You know, we've never had a date in the United States." You spotted JiU sitting up out of the corner of your eye. Before your brain could process what was happening, she was bouncing onto your bed in a very bunny-like manner. "What say...go out with me?"

You groaned, setting your phone down on your chest to look at JiU in dismay. "We were out shopping all day, and your suggestion is to go back to the mall?"

"It's different," JiU pouted, her wide eyes piercing your soul as she made her case. "This time it would just be the two of us."

You sighed, leaning your head back and studying the ceiling as you debated the proposal. "What's in it for me?"

"A hot girl on your arm."

"Hmm." You couldn't hide the smile that crossed your lips at JiU's response. She immediately knew that she had won.

"Great! I'll go get changed."

"Oof, honey," you groaned as JiU bounded off of your bed using your stomach as a launchpad. You stumbled after her towards the stack of suitcases against the wall. "Do you want me to dress up?"

"Of course." JiU sounded almost offended, and you shot her a glance that begged for an explanation. "I want to go somewhere nice."

"I should have known," you mumbled, trying – and failing – yet again to hide another smile.

"What about this?"

Though you didn't know whether JiU was asking you or herself, you looked over at what she was holding up with a thoughtful frown.

"That's nice." Your heart skipped a beat as you imagined how she would look in the black short-sleeved suit that she held in her hands. "I like that."

"Okay. Good enough for me, then." JiU stood up and quickly began slipping out of the oversized white button-up and baggy gray pants that she was wearing, and it took every ounce of your self-control not to stop and stare. Eventually, though, you managed to find an outfit of your own.

"Hey, that's pretty." JiU placed her arms over your shoulders with a smile as you stood in front of the mirror to inspect the ensemble that you had put together, giving your cheek a kiss. Your face instantly turned the same color as the red knit top that you had found at the bottom of your bag.

"Thanks," you replied shyly. "You look great, by the way."

"Thank you, love." JiU released her grasp from you to grab her purse. "Shall we head out, then?"

You nodded, grabbing a mask and a hat for yourself as you followed your girlfriend out the door.

The walk to the mall across from the hotel seemed shorter in the cool evening air as compared to when you had gone out in the sunny mid-morning, something for which you were grateful. It quickly became apparent to you that JiU had been planning this outing all day as she led you directly to a classy Italian restaurant that you remembered walking past on your earlier shopping trip.

JiU gave you a small push on the back as you headed inside, letting go of your hand to shrink behind you. You simply chuckled at her shyness, happy to have the chance to flex the English skills that you had been practicing extra hard before your tour. "Two, please. A booth."

"Right this way."

You were seated in a nice, quiet corner of the restaurant – really, you couldn't have asked for a better table. You looked around admiringly, raising your phone to take a couple snapshots of the artwork next to you – they would make a good Instagram post later.

A tiny "Everything looks so good," suddenly pulled you from your reverie, making you glance over to see JiU's upper body completely hidden by her menu. It took everything in you not to burst out laughing. Sneakily, you snapped a photo of the funny sight before picking up your own copy.

"You're right," you hummed, your eyes widening as you studied the mouth-watering selection. "I want one of everything."

"Can we do that?" JiU asked, pulling down her menu just enough so that you could see her excited expression.

"If we had brought the members along, maybe," you chuckled. "But I'd love to split a pizza with you right now, at least."

"That sounds perfect." JiU happily picked out a couple more smaller dishes of meat and vegetables as well when you let her. Once you had placed your order with your server, you sat back in the booth, reaching across the table to squeeze JiU's hand.

"Thanks for suggesting such a nice date night, unnie," you smiled. "It was actually really sweet how well you thought this out and everything."

"Yeah, well, we'll see how sweet you think it is when you find out that I planned for you to pay," JiU joked.

You laughed, rolling your eyes. "That's a small price to pay for a nice evening out with you."

JiU hummed thoughtfully in response. "What if I want dessert?"

"That can be arranged."

"Great. Can I have you?"

"Of course. In fact, that's how you can repay me."