𝗱𝗮𝗺𝗶 | pinky promise

Reader Is: Neutral Age Non-Member
Categories: Fluff
Summary: The reader catches Yubin/Dami's eye at a concert and they work to find a way to stay in touch.

You leaned against the metal barriers with an anticipatory grin on your face, your long acrylic nails subconsciously making a satisfying tapping noise against the cool surface as you looked up to the brightened stage.

On it stood all seven members of Dreamcatcher, but to be honest, the only person that you were looking at was Lee Yubin, better known as Dami. To you, it seemed like she was the only person in the room, though the loud audience around you was cheering on the antics going on onstage. You both were in your own quiet world, Dami observing her members, you observing her.

It didn't stay like that for long, however. The shenanigans that SuA and Siyeon were up to in the corner had caught the attention of most of the crowd, and you were beginning to get swept up in the action as well, laughing loudly without bothering to cover your smile the way you normally did and letting your long hair fall into your face.

Unbeknownst to you, your sweet laughter fell upon Dami's ears, rising above the noise of everything and everyone else to catch her attention. She glanced at you just as your eyes flitted back to her from where they had been looking at SuA and Siyeon, and just as you registered that she was looking right at you, a beautiful – and admittedly rather rare – smile swept over Dami's lips.

You stood still for a moment, your jaw dropping slightly as your own smile fell from your face in surprise, and Dami's grin widened just before she turned back to her members. You wondered if you were imagining the slight blush that had washed over her cheeks until JiU mentioned it. "Hey, Dami-ya!" she called, ever prepared and at the ready to lovingly tease her members, "What's got you so flustered all of a sudden? Your face is like a tomato!"

"Ah, seriously," Dami mumbled into her microphone, shaking her head and looking out into the audience with a deadpan stare – glancing everywhere, you noticed, except in your direction.

"Oh, tell us," Siyeon laughed. "Have InSomnias enchanted you?" At this, the crowd let out even louder cheers than before, and you grinned.

"Ah, it's just that..." Dami began, and she paused mid-sentence before looking directly at you, "...our InSomnias are so beautiful."

Your teeth sunk into your bottom lip before you ducked your head in embarrassment, a deep blush of your own rushing to your head. You looked up in total shock, however, when JiU spoke again. "Dami-ya, stop flirting with Somnias unless you're going to go introduce yourself. It's rude to be such a tease from the stage, don't you think?"

"Unnie..." Dami moaned, covering her face as her blush deepened. You could tell she was hiding an embarrassed smile as she continued in a very tiny voice, "You're right."

And with that, Dami turned and walked to the edge of the stage. You had spent so long in your place that you had gotten used to the proximity between you and the members and didn't truly realize how close they were to you until Dami was suddenly standing directly in front of you less than a handful of seconds later. Somehow, amongst all the chaos around you, you heard, "Hey. I'm Dami."

The striking rapper had knelt down and was looking right at you – there was no mistaking who she was directing her introduction at, so after a moment, you found the strength to give her an introduction of your own in response.

Dami grinned. "Pretty name for a pretty girl."

Anyone that could hear her words, save for you, increased their cheering by several decibels, and you winced before laughing.

Dami simply held out her hand to you with a smile. "It's a little hard to talk here. Come on up."

You didn't need to be told twice. Though your palms were now shaky and sweaty, you forced yourself to forget about that and placed your right hand in Dami's, letting her pull you as you climbed over the barrier and onto the stage as gracefully as you could.

With the cheering crowd around you and your eyes that seemed to only seek out each other, you and Dami both hadn't noticed all the teasing going on between the members until you turned to face them, Dami's hand still linked with yours.

"Oh, Dami-ya!" JiU said, a wide grin on her face. "A beautiful InSomnia has captured you under her spell!"

"Ah, you had better be careful," Siyeon added teasingly. "InSomnias will keep you up all night." With that, she tossed a wink to you that made you and Dami both groan and let go of each other to cover your red cheeks in embarrassment. The sight only made everyone laugh harder.

"I think it was easier to talk back there," you giggled to Dami, surprising yourself with your boldness (and, quite honestly, your ability to speak a coherent sentence in front of her).

"I think you're right," Dami mumbled before SuA nearly cut her off.

"Ooh, I wonder what they're talking about," she giggled mischievously. You looked at Dami, biting back a grin as you did so, who gave you a helpless gaze in return.

"You know what?" Dami said, and you finally let the grin spread over your lips as you took in the appearance of her face that clearly displayed her lack of patience for her members' teasing.

"What?"

"This will be easiest." Dami took your hand again and tugged you behind her just offstage – eliciting lots of comments that you didn't have the ability to listen to from the members and plenty of loud cheers from the crowd – where she asked for a pen and paper from a staff member. Within seconds, the items were in her hands, and she quickly scribbled off a series of numbers and handed you the piece of paper.

"This will be easiest, you say?" you said with a smirk as you took the paper with shaking hands that revealed your faux confidence from Dami's grasp.

"It will. No InSomnias, no members, no teasing," Dami replied. "Just...us. So I can, um, get to know you. I-I mean, if you want...cause...that - that sounds nice. You know."

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" you questioned with a playful grin, ignoring Dami's nervous stammering, and Dami readily returned your smile as she wordlessly held out her pinky. "Ah, I see," you said. "Promise?"

"Promise."