𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗴 | heartbeat

Reader Is: Neutral Age (Group Not Mentioned)
Categories: Fluff
Summary: The reader brings her girlfriend Dong breakfast in bed.

Each beat of your heart seems to tell the girl in front of you how you feel. I love you, I love you, I love you.

Han Dong squeezes your hand in her sleep, turning away to hide from the sunlight washing through your window. Her blonde hair is tousled on her pillow, and you carefully smooth it away from her angelic face. How can one be so beautiful?

Dong's eyelids flutter, and your lips pout worriedly. Don't wake up just yet, it's early.

Before your girlfriend can stir any further, you carefully worm your way out of bed, your feet padding softly across the floor as you head downstairs. Softly, quietly, don't wake her.

You smile slightly to yourself as you begin preparing breakfast. It's pancake day, Dong's favorite. She'll have blueberries in hers today, raspberries for you. You know that what she really would like is chocolate chips, but you can't bear the sight of her watery eyes and red nose when she dares to eat the sweet stuff. Even though her sneezes sound so cute.

You wash the fruit before adding it to the mixture that you've already combined from memory and pour some of the batter into a warm pan. As you watch little bubbles spring to the top of the first pancake, your hands hover above the surface of the pan, enjoying the heat. I'd rather be in bed with her right now.

This time of the year, it's not that cold during the midday where you live, but the mornings can be a bit chilly for your liking. You shiver slightly, wrapping your bathrobe tighter around your body. Since she gave me this robe, it should almost feel like a warm hug from her.

The busyness of the task of cooking and the heat from the stove distract you from your chill quickly, and soon enough, you have a towering stack of pancakes arranged carefully on the tray with plates that you've set up. Just don't spill anything.

"Good morning," you announce softly as you enter the bedroom, carefully balancing the tray in one arm to open the door. Is she already awake?

"Hi," Dong mumbles sleepily against her pillow after a moment of stirring, beginning to smile as the scent of warm pancakes meets her nose. Guess she wasn't.

When you step closer to Dong, she shifts her weight around in bed, sitting up to gaze at you with her messy hair and sleepy eyes. You almost drop the tray on her lap. She's so impossibly cute.

You refrain from saying anything else out loud, instead smiling shyly to yourself as a blush spreads over your cheeks. You set down the breakfast tray on Dong's side of the bed, and she giggles happily. "Thank you, angel." Her smile makes everything worthwhile.

"Anything for you." I mean it.

Dong looks back up at you from the food that she's already began digging into. You laugh at the sight, reaching out and smoothing her hair. "Cutie." My little chipmunk.

"You are," Dong mumbles before swallowing the rest of her bite of food. "Your turn." She holds out a forkful of pancake to you, and your eyes light up. It smells really good.

Your gaze meets Dong's as you nod happily, excited about your cooking success as though you haven't done it many, many weeks in a row before. Dong reaches out to brush some syrup off of your chin, and you feel your heart suddenly begin to race. Her touch reminds you of the way that she held your hand in her sleep, so sweetly, the way that she only is with you. You smile at her, and your heart beats loudly. I love you, I love you, I love you.