𝗷𝗶𝘂 | will you

Reader Is: Neutral Age Non-Member
Categories: Fluff
Summary: Minji/JiU has a special question for the reader, her girlfriend, when she comes back from brunch with Yoohyeon.

It was a lovely fall day, that you could easily tell from a singular glance out the window of your loft bedroom. An anticipatory smile spread over your face as you remembered that your girlfriend Kim Minji, better known to you and the rest of the world as JiU, had the day off from work and that she had promised to spend it with you.

With that in mind, you turned over and reached for JiU's arm. "Princess!"

"Hm?" JiU hummed. She turned towards you and raising her eyebrows even though her eyes were still closed, making you giggle.

"Good morning! Let's get up so we have the whole day together, yeah?"

"Wow, you must be really excited," JiU said, slowly pushing herself to a sitting position. "You only get me up like this on holidays. Any other time, it's the other way around." The day indeed felt like a holiday to you, knowing that you both got to spend it together.

Just as you opened your mouth to respond, however, your phone chimed from its place on the nightstand behind you. "Oh, it's Yoohyeon."

You had become close to JiU's bandmates thanks to your relationship with her, most of all with Yoohyeon. It wasn't unusual for her to text you at any time to ask if you wanted to hang out, but with your conflicting work schedules, it had been difficult as of late.

You supposed that was why JiU asked, "Does she want to hang out again? Why don't you say yes? We can spend time together this afternoon."

You hesitated unhappily. You had been talking about how much you wanted to visit Yoohyeon for weeks, and JiU knew it. Every time you had tried to set something up, it had fallen through; so JiU's suggestion was of no surprise to you.

"But we had planned for us to have the whole day together..."

"My love, you've been wanting to spend time with Yoohyeon for at least two weeks. Just spend the morning together and grab brunch with her or something. We can go out this afternoon and have a nice evening at home together, too."

You sighed. You didn't want JiU to feel as if you were not completely hers on the one day you both had off, but you did, in truth, want to spend time with Yoohyeon as well. "Alright. I'm sure we can make up for it tonight."

JiU grinned, wiggling her eyebrows. "As you wish, my love." As it always did, the nickname made your heart skip a beat and put a smile on your face that lasted long after you had climbed out of bed and gotten ready for your day.

"I'll see you soon, princess," you called as you placed your hand on the doorknob. As you expected, JiU came running, jumping up from her breakfast for a goodbye kiss.

"Bye, my love," she said, cradling your face in her hands and tilting her head with a smile before pressing her lips against yours. "Be safe. Love you."

"I will. I love you too, princess."

With a grin, JiU held the door open for you, watching you walk down the hallway for a moment before you heard the door close behind you.

The restaurant that you were meeting Yoohyeon at for brunch at wasn't far at all. It was less than two blocks away from your apartment building, and the breezy, cool air paired with the sparkling sun made for a lovely walk on the way there.

You spotted your best friend as soon as you walked through the door. "Yooh!"

"Hey!" Yoohyeon swept you into a warm hug as soon as you reached her, giving you a million-watt smile. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, Yooh," you replied. "I'm so glad we can finally catch up."

And that, you most certainly did. You and Yoohyeon talked about anything and everything for so long that time completely slipped your mind. It was only when Yoohyeon's phone chimed with a familiar-sounding beep that you realized how long you had been chatting.

"JiU is r—" Yoohyeon began. You gave her a weird look as she cut her own sentence off, her eyes widening slightly. "Um...JiU...how has JiU been?"

You were a little confused about what had happened to make Yoohyeon act so strangely all of a sudden, but as you signaled for your server to bring your check, you told Yoohyeon all about what you and JiU done together lately to wrap up your visit.

On the walk back to your apartment building, you smiled to yourself, feeling grateful for such a supportive best friend. It had been nice to spend time with her, after all; but you were still looking forward to being with JiU for the remainder of the day.

You threw open your front door impatiently and waited for JiU's usual cheerful greeting, but when none came, you looked around in confusion.

Your jaw dropped as your eyes suddenly landed on the ceiling full of balloons, and only then did you realize how dark it was inside, the only sources of light being several candles distributed wherever they could safely be placed. Rose petals were scattered anywhere a candle was not, and as your eyes adjusted to the light, you finally saw JiU standing on the opposite end of the room, holding a large bouquet of roses.

"Hi, princess," she said softly.

You were too speechless to respond for another several moments, during which you took slow, cautious steps towards her. "What's all this?" you finally whispered, feeling a lump in your throat rise as you spoke. "I'm so touched."

"Well," JiU replied as she looked down at her arms, her voice no louder than yours, "I..." She paused to clear her throat, and you saw her hands shaking slightly in the dim lighting. It was in that moment that you finally realized what was happening, and you let the tears that had been threatening to spill over start cascading onto your cheeks as JiU continued.

"My love, you are my world. You are my rock when I need to be grounded, and my cloud nine when I feel as though I'm walking on air. You are always here when I need you, sometimes even before I know that I need you. I couldn't imagine my life without you, so I wanted to ask you..." JiU swallowed hard, knowing that focusing on your crying would make it impossible for her to speak, before she finished. "If you would spend the rest of yours with me and be my wife."

You were crying so hard that JiU was sure you wouldn't be able to respond with anything more than a nod, but you needed her to hear your verbal answer, so between loud sniffs, you loudly proclaimed, "Yes, JiU. Yes."

JiU grinned and pulled you into her arms, flowers and all, for a tight hug before she placed a diamond ring on your finger with shaking hands. It seemed to sparkle as bright as the sun even in the minimal candlelight.

"I love you," were the next heartfelt words out of your mouth, eliciting the biggest smile that you had ever seen from your new fiancée.

"Me too, my love."