18 : Unfitting for Him .

"You required my presence Sebastian?" Fuyuki asked as she had stepped into the room after Meyrin was sent to get her. 

"Yes." Sebastian answered. "Is the preparation for the afternoon tea ready?" 

"Yes." Fuyuki answered quite plainly. 

"Earl, may I ask who this young lady is?" The tailor named Nina Hopkins had asked. 

"She's a maid." Ciel answered. "She was hired for her unorthodox association with Sebastian." 

"Unorthodox association?" The tailor questioned. Of course, Nina had guessed that there was something more between the butler and the maid. The only conclusion she could come up with was something that shouldn't even be happening between servants in a household: Marriage. 

"Oh my, truly such a young beauty isn't wasted on the likes of Mr. Stiff here." Nina said as she sent a menacing glance at Sebastian. "She's unfitting for the man." 

"Unfitting?" Fuyuki questioned, unsure of what this tailor spoke of with the way she spoke. Perhaps it was 'tailor' talk. 

"Yes yes." Nina answered. "You're to pretty to be with him." Nina continued, sending one more glare at Sebastian. 

"But I like him." Fuyuki had suddenly answered, rather innocently too. 

"Ehh..." Was everyone's reaction, as well as answer. No one expected that. 

"That was a rather confident confession." Sebastian commented later the same day. 

"How do you know it was a confession? It could have been a lie." Fuyuki questioned back. 

"Because you didn't scowl at your answer." Sebastian smiled.