ONE.

"Put that back, JJ, you're gonna break it."

"What are you talking about, Kie? This is indestructible."

"No, it's not. Put it back before you-"

Crack.

Bexley froze completely. She had a rag in hand, and she was cleaning down all the air tanks behind the cash register. She tried to ignore it when John B's two friends came in, Kiara Carrera and JJ Maybank. She knew they never bought anything, and Mr. Cameron told her to keep people from loitering, but as long as they didn't bother her work she let them stay. Obviously, she shouldn't have. She had no idea what that blonde boy just broke, but she was worried it was expensive.

If something expensive broke, it was taken out of her paycheck.

Bexley set the air tank down onto the ground, and turned to face the two other people. They were whispering loudly, clearly freaking out. She watched the boy, JJ, try to shove something back into the display, before Kiara took it back out, handed it to him, and shoved him near the cash register.

He glared at Kiara, before facing Bexley, walking up and placing the object into the counter. He cleared his throat, and placed his hands together.

"I'd like to purchase this."

Bexley finally had sight of what JJ had broken. It was an Oval lens mask, which had been hung near the back of the small scuba store, with many others like it. The boy, JJ, seemed to have completely popped the glass out of the mask, something Bexley didn't know was possible to do with your bare hands.

Staring at him cautiously, Bexley rung up the obviously broken price of merchandise in front of her. He was paying for it, problem solved. She didn't have to confront him. She hated confrontation, and would avoid it in any situation possible.

"We're looking for John B," Kiara told her, speaking up from behind JJ. "Do you know where he is right now?"

Where would John B be? She tried to think of his schedule. "I think he's further down at the end of the dock," Bexley told her. "But he's not off for three more hours."

Kiara smiled appreciatively. "We just have to drop something off to him."

Bexley didn't ask what it was. She would be perfectly fine not knowing.

Clicking the keys on the register, and then scanning the mask, Bexley told JJ, "Your total is $53.67."

JJ choked on his own spit, his eyes widening, and stepping back. "Are you fucking-How much?"

"It's $53.67-"

"I heard the price," JJ sputtered. "But-But why the hell is it so high?"

Bexley tried to point out the brand. "They're for deeper diving-"

"Fifty three dollars? For fucking goggles?"

Bexley cleared her throat, speaking up again. "They are deep sea masks. They're pressurized specifically for going to the bottom of shallow beaches."

"They're goggles," he repeated. "And-And I should get a discount. They're broken."

Bexley's mouth fell open, shocked at the nerve of this boy. "You broke them."

JJ took a step back, holding up his hands. "Come on, let's not go throwing up accusations."

Before Bexley could say anything else, Kiara stepped in front of him, holding out a card. "I can pay for it. Here, charge this card."

Bexley looked carefully at Kiara, and then JJ, and then back to Kiara. She took the card from her hand.

There was no denying Bexley felt terrible for the whole situation. Fifty dollars was a lot. And Bexley knew for a fact the goggles only cost about twenty five dollars to buy, and they were only expensive because this was the only store that sold them on the nearby.