twenty four.

tw: violence, slight sexual content, slightly toxic relationship, drug usage

"Come on, let's go," Rafe hurried her. "Topper's waiting in the car."

Rafe was leaned against Bexley's bedroom door, waiting for her to come out. She had been taking a while to get ready.

Finally, she opened the door. She was in her swimsuit, and she was trying to put in one of her earrings.

"I'm ready, I'm ready," she told him.

He looked her up and down. She wore her swimsuit. And she looked beautiful. She had curled her hair, and done light mascara, and lip gloss.

She was...stunning. And Rafe felt bad for rushing her, because he wanted nothing more than just to stand there for as long as he could, looking at her. But now, she was rushing too. She brushed past him.

Rafe frowned as she stepped past him, stopping to get her sandals and walking to the front door.

"Hey!" he hurried, and caught her arm before she stepped out. He looked her up and down, trying not focus on anything that would get him too excited, since Topper was just outside. "Where's that wrap thing?"

"My dress? It's outside," Bexley said. "I'm gonna get it."

She stepped forward, and he stopped her.

"Wait-" He stepped in front of her, glancing once at Topper, who waited in his car. "I'll get it."

Bexley nodded. She only took a step out, watching Rafe run to get the swim cover off the edge of the docks, then run back, wrapping it around her.

"Okay," he said, once she was covered completely.

Bexley laughed. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he breathed. "Why-Why wouldn't I be?"

Bexley glanced at Topper as well. Now, he was watching them.

"Seems like you didn't want Topper to see me in my swimsuit."

Rafe hesitated. "What? No. I was just making sure you didn't get cold."

It was scorching hot out.

She teased, "Okay."

"Why would I care? I'm your boyfriend, not him."

She nodded, still smiling. "Exactly."

Rafe had been her boyfriend, for exactly one week already. And it had been amazing.

An entire week with him, no problems. Just Rafe clinging onto her every word in every way possible. She didn't know how she got so lucky with him.

Rafe started coming over in the early morning, and leaving in the afternoon. Apparently, his dad was making him help work at his boat now. Bexley figured having to work was good for Rafe. Then, Rafe would come back at night. He'd stay with her until she got tired, and then he'd go home.