THIRTY NINE.

tw: slight sexual content, drug usage, manipulation, gaslighting, toxicity

The diamond earrings sparkled as the sunlight came in through the window, hitting them. Rafe noticed. It enthralled him. Her diamond necklace sparkled even more. It was set on the bare skin between her two naked breasts.

The girl laid on the large bed, asleep, topless. The night before had ended with another passionate, sexual moment shared between them, and she had been too exhausted to get dressed again before falling asleep.

Rafe spent a few minutes just admiring her, and thinking back to the night before. His body grew hot remembering the way she touched him. And the way she let him touch her. She loved every minute of it, and she was so vocal about it. Her moans always turned him on so much, that by the time he finished pleasing her, and she would start to jerk him off, he would already be half way to his climax.

Touching her soft skin drove Rafe crazy. He wondered what it'd be like when he could finally feel himself inside of her.

Rafe checked his phone. 8am on Monday morning. He pulled himself out of those lingering thought, because he had to leave now. He knew where he had to be. He got up carefully, getting dressed. He put his shoes on, and then walked back towards the bed.

"Hey, Bex..." he whispered. She barely stirred. "Bex."

She opened her eyes, slowly. She grabbed hold of the covers, pulling them over herself as she realized with a hint of a blush that she was sleeping exposed. "Rafe?"

"I'm gonna go out for a bit," he said to her. "I'll be home in an hour. I'll bring you breakfast, okay?"

She yawned, still half asleep. "Where are you going?"

"It's a surprised. You can go back to sleep, okay? I'll wake you up when I bring the food."

Bexley shut her eyes again, nodding, too tired to question him. "M'kay..."

He smiled down at her, reaching forward and placing a kiss on the side of her face. If he wasn't worried about her getting uncomfortable, he would've told her that he loved her again. Because that's what he felt as he looked at her. That's all he felt.

Which is why he was leaving that morning. He left, locking the door behind him. He got on his bike. He headed to The Cut.

Straight to John B's house.

He knew exactly where that pogue lived. He'd seen Bexley's location there before, and he remembered where it was. He remembered everywhere she went.

He pulled off to the side of the road, near the house, shutting off his bike and keeping it from making any more noise. Then, he waited. He saw the mail truck park in the street near the house, drop off mail, and then move on.

Rafe was surprised a mail truck even came to this busted block of houses. But they probably had a lot of bills coming to this street.

Taking a quick glance around the area, Rafe made sure no one was near. Then, he crossed the street, going to the mail box and tearing it open. He wasn't careful, he took every letter in there and left.