sixty six.

tw: heavy violence, abuse, gun usage

The loud ringing echoed through the shed. Bexley's phone sat beneath a few blankets where she was previously laying, vibrating and chiming as Rafe called it. Rafe followed the ringing, squatting down when he came to the pile of blankets. He rustled through them, finally pulling out Bexley's phone from the bottom. More anger coursed through him.

Her phone was here. But she wasn't.

Gritting his teeth, he stood up and turned sharply to face the three pogues. They stood with their hands up, Barry still pointing his gun at them.

Rafe's chest rose up and down with each angered breath. JJ felt a fear he hadn't in a while, not since his father was home. Rafe looked exactly how JJ's father looked when he got drunk, like he wanted to hit someone. Like he really, really wanted to hurt someone.

"Alright, you bitches better start talking," Barry drawled. "Where's your little fugitive friends?"

Rafe didn't say anything yet. He was still silently seething. His eyes still drifted around, like he'd catch Bexley stashed away somewhere.

"We don't know where John B is," Kiara said. "We haven't seen him in hours. He's probably gone by now."

"Gone? Where the hell would he go?" Barry pressed.

"Out of the outerbanks," Pope told him, speaking up because he didn't like Barry's attention on Kiara. "He has his own boat."

JJ glanced back at Rafe, only to catch the man already staring at him.

"A boat bought with my money?" Barry asked. "Hm?" Barry walked up to JJ, and the boy shut his eyes for a moment as the gun was pressed against his forehead. "Don't think I forgot about that shit you pulled on the side of the road." JJ remembered it clearly. When Barry tried robbing them, so they robbed him right back. "You better fucking hope John B ain't left yet. If he has, y'all are gonna owe me that money."

"We don't have it!" Kiara yelled. "So leave us alone!"

JJ felt a sick feeling of guilt. The reason they didn't have the money was because JJ spent it all the first day they got it.

Barry laughed, amused. "Oh, we should just leave you alone?"

"We don't have anything, or know anything, so why don't you just-" Kiara was cut off by her own scream.

Rafe lost any calm he had left. He was standing still one minute, and suddenly rushed forward out of nowhere. He grabbed Kiara by the hair on the back of her head, and yanked her away from the others.

Panicked hit both the boys. "Hey!" JJ tried to move forward, but Barry shoved him back with the gun. Scared, Pope yelled, "Don't touch her!"

Kiara cried out as Rafe grabbed her hair so painfully tight.

"You're the one with the fat fucking mouth, so why don't you answer all the questions?" Rafe spat. "What'd you guys do with her, huh?"

"I don't know what you're-ah!" Kiara yelped. Rafe yanked her head higher. She stood on her tippy toes, trying to sooth the pain in her head.

He had a terrifying stare. "I'm sick of your fucking shit, Kiara. Where is she?"

"She-" She cried out again. She couldn't even get out an excuse, the pain made it too hard to say anything other than, "S-Stop!"

"Leave her alone-!" Now, Pope was the one cut off as Barry slammed the back of his gun against his head.

"Calm down, boy," Barry told him.