fourteen.

tw: violence, parental abuse, coercive sex, talk of possible sexual assault

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

There was nothing else she could do. Nothing else she had been taught to do in stressful situations like this.

The clock clicked as each second passed.

Click. Click. Click. Click.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

She sat on the waiting room chair, on the verge of tears.

Her feet stung. Her legs hurt. Her knees throbbed. Her head ached.

Inhale. Exhale. In. Out.

The doors to the emergency room slid open. Ward and Rose Cameron walked in. Wheezie behind them.

In. Out. In. Out.

"Where the hell's my son?" Ward shouted at the emergency room attendant as he walked in. Bexley flinched.

She hated hospitals.

Inhale. Exhale. In. Out.

The worker obviously knew who he was. "Mr. Cameron, Rafe in still being treated-"

"What are you talking about? What the hell happened?!"

She hated hospitals. She never wanted to be in one again. Not since the last time she was here.

When they first found her mom.

"It looks like a minor overdose-"

"What are you talking about?!"

In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.

Bexley shut her eyes tightly.

"Sarah!" Mr. Cameron stepped into the waiting room now. "What the fuck happened to your brother?"

"I don't know!" she told her dad. "I'm not here for him! I'm here for John B!"

In. Out.

In. Out.

In. Out.

In-

"Bex, you okay?"

She flinched. She had sat in the most secluded corner of the waiting room.

But now, suddenly, JJ was by her side. He tried to put an arm on her shoulder. "Hey, are you-"

"Get off!" she shouted at him.

She regretted her loud voice instantly, because it caused the entire waiting room to look at her.

"Bex!" Wheezie said.

"Oh my god," Rose gasped, taking in her state, and hurrying to her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she said, simply.

Ward eye's fell on the girl. He felt his stomach dropped at the sight of her. She was dirty. Something spilt on her dress, dirt stains on her knees, hair pulled and messy. She wore a large, open, white button down, which also had various alarming stains. Her eye makeup a bit smeared as well.

She looked...awful.

Ward marched over. "Get the hell away from her!" he snapped at JJ.

JJ put his hands up, stepping back. "I'm just checking on her, man. Your son did this, not me."

Rose kneeled in front of Bexley. Rose's crazy head piece was off, but she still had on her formal dress. "You okay, Bexley?"

The girl nodded again. "Yeah. I'm-I'm okay, Mrs. Cameron. I'm just worried about Rafe, that's all."