thirty.

a/n: a few more people have asked if Sofia will be in this story and yes she will! I have a plan of incorporating her in ( which hint hint has to do with the fact that Sofia is also a Latina pogue who is working as a bartender at the golf course, ...

a/n: a few more people have asked if Sofia will be in this story and yes she will! I have a plan of incorporating her in ( which hint hint has to do with the fact that Sofia is also a Latina pogue who is working as a bartender at the golf course, and Rafe is still not over Bex 🧍🏻‍♀️)

tw: mentions of abuse

Rafe Cameron sat on his porch, shakily bringing a cigarette to his lips. His leg was bouncing up and down anxiously as he waited for his father to get home.

His hands shook with nerves, and he flinched as ash fell from the cigarette and burned his arm. He shook it off and took another long drawl of the nicotine. Rafe put his hand on his knee to stop it from shaking. Still not paying attention, he accidentally burned himself again. Cursing, he tossed the cigarette on the ground and put it out with his shoe.

It wasn't hot anymore, the night was cool. But sweat dripped down his face.

Rafe leaned back on the porch chair and closed his eyes. He opened and closed his fists.

Open and closed. Open and closed.

His hands started to feel unfamiliar to him. He looked down at them, and realized they were shaking again. His high was gone. Worse than that, he was already craving his next one. He looked at his palms, which were more rough and calloused than they'd been his entire life.

As he continued staring at his hands, they shook more, for a different reason.

Rafe couldn't stop thinking about what he'd just done.

He choked her.

Bexley.

His Bexley.

The girl who he'd sworn to look out for, to protect until the day he died.

He wrapped his hands around her throat, and knew she couldn't breath, but he didn't care. He was angry, and she hurt his feelings, so he wanted to hurt her body.

He had felt her clawing at his hands, heard her begging him to let go, watched her eyes tear up as she realized how hopeless it was struggling against him. He was bigger than her, stronger than her. She was at his mercy, and he watched as she realized he wasn't going to give her any.

She had tried begging him to stop.

But he didn't care.

In all honesty...he liked it.

He was satisfied by it.

Rafe stared at these hands.

He hurt her with these hands.

Rafe shut his eyes, and clenched his jaw shut. Flashes of the whole night ran through his head.

He put his hands on her and hurt her like it was the easiest thing in the world.