THIRTEEN.

tw: manipulation, HEAVY COERCION

"...The Bahamas?" Rose was taken aback. "Tomorrow?" She blinked, fast, trying to comprehend what her husband was telling her. "You're...You're taking Bexley?"

Ward gave a stern nod. "Her and Rafe. We'll just be gone a few days."

Rose's eyes hardened. "No. No, she stays here."

"Rose-"

"Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how dangerous that would be for her? You're transporting all that gold. You'll have eyes on you. People will be wanting to steal from you, or just hurt you. And Rafe-" She shook her head, holding her hands out. "No. Out of the question. She will be staying here with me."

"He's not gonna let her stay," Ward tried to explain.

"I don't care what he wants to let her do," Rose scoffed. "She's a seventeen year old girl, and you're going into a foreign country with cargo that people would kill for."

"Rafe'll be with her the whole time-"

"I'm more worried about him than anyone else!" She shook her head, sternly. "I said 'no'. I'm not letting her leave with you."

"It's not up to you," Ward told her. "Im not asking. I'm just letting you know. We'll be gone tomorrow."

Rose glared at her husband as he walked away. In an attempt to calm herself down, she went downstairs, getting a tall glass of water. She chugged it down. It was late, nearly one in the morning already. Rose already had to snap at Wheezie to get to bed. She figured Bexley and Rafe were asleep in their separate rooms already.

She couldn't let Rafe take Bexley out of the country. Rose was nervous. The couple barely came back when they went to Hawaii. She was honestly scared of Rafe being in possession of the girl's passport.

Rose felt eased alone in the kitchen, assuming she was alone in the downstairs entirely, besides a sleeping Bex, but a door opening caught her attention. She glanced over, and saw Rafe. Her calm disappeared.

The door that opened was to Bexley's room. Rafe was sneaking out of it. He was moving slowly, quietly. He hadn't noticed her yet. Not until he heard her scoff under her breath. That caught his attention immediately.

He turned on his heel, spotting her, narrowing his eyes.

Rose looked away, and quietly shook her head. But only her voice was mute, her judgement was loud.

"You got a problem, Rose?" Rafe asked, feeling her disproval.

She ground her teeth, and shook her head, refilling her water.

He caught onto the hostility without a single word. "What, Rose?"

She didn't even want to look at him. She glanced only once at Bexley's door and reminded him, "You're not supposed to be in that poor girl's room."