twenty six.

tw: mentions of drug addiction

"I'm gonna vomit."

"Bex-"

"I'm literally about to throw up." Bexley stood up, putting a hand over her stomach. "Luke Maybank?"

"Think about it," Rafe said. "He's always been the one your mom-"

"JJ's dad?" Bexley gasped. She felt her stomach churning. "JJ's dad?" She cringed. "No. No. That would mean JJ would-would be my-" She shook her head. "That's not even possible."

"He's probably your half-brother-"

"Don't say that," Bexley cringed. "Oh my god!"

She had kissed him. And, she had...dirty thoughts about him. And the way she looked at him when he was shirtless...

"Oh, god."

"It's fine," Rafe said, frowning when he saw how absolutely she was upset with the possibility.

"It's not fine," Bexley said. She wanted to gag. Did she kiss her half-brother?

"But you said nothing happened with him," Rafe said. "And you said there was nothing between you two anymore. Right?" He looked at her carefully. "Why would it bother you if there's nothing going on between you two?"

She still felt like she was going to be sick.

"It doesn't matter if nothing's gonna happen, something already happened, I-" She already had feelings for him. Intense feeling, the kind you should never have about your brother. She looked at Rafe. "You said you'd help me, right? What if-What if you helped me take a DNA test?"

She needed to know now. Guilt and shame ate at her. She felt disgusting.

He hesitated. "I could. Yeah. You'd need something of Luke Maybank's."

"Or of JJ's," she said. Shit. She could've kept that hat. She could ask for it back, though. He'd give it to her in a heartbeat.

"Oh my god..." she whispered again. "I feel so sick. People do this kind of stuff on the other side of The Cut, but the fucked up side-"

"Bexley," Rafe said, suddenly. "What did you do with him that's making you freak out this much?"

"Rafe, I had a fucking crush on him," Bexley snapped. "Okay? He might be my brother and I had a crush on him."

Rafe looked away. "You don't have to bring that back up-"

"You just asked!" she snapped. "So I don't want you mad at my fucking answer, when you asked the fucking question! I might have kissed my brother, I'm allowed to want to throw up."

"Did you kiss him today? At his house?"

The question made her want to scream. He was jealous now? When he knew JJ might be her brother?