THIRTY FIVE.

tw: mentions of parental abuse, heavy violence, mentions of heavy drug usage

"Can you put this bill on Ward Cameron's tab? Cameron comma Ward, W-A-R-D." The waitresses smiled graciously, nodding. Rafe clasped his hands together. "Thank you. You're the best."

Topper, Kelce, and Rafe were all at the outside restaurant on the peer. Luckily, it was a restaurant his dad had a tab open at.

Rafe had come with the intention of relaxing. But that obviously wasn't going to happen easily.

Bexley just texted him, saying she was going back to her house for the night. He checked her location, and it looked like she was already on her way down there.

What the fuck did he do? Things had been fine the day before. Was she still pissed over what happened two days ago?

Heaven forbid Rafe brought up how her and JJ had a past, but she gets to bring up old stuff whenever she wanted?

He tried to put her out of her mind. He didn't want to get upset in front of his friends.

The waitress gave him one more smile, and Rafe winked at her as she left.

The three boys were playing a game of cornhole. Rafe grabbed a couple beanbags.

"Hey, bro," Kelce started, with a laugh. "You think Sarah and you-know-who are scronking yet?"

Topper shook his head, annoyed at his friend. "Kelce! Could you-" He held his hands to his face, taking a deep breath, not wanting to yell loudly at the nice restaurant. "Could you just shut up?"

Kelce clapped his hands together, making smacking sounds. "What's that sound? What's that?" he taunted. "They're making that sound."

Topper glared at his friend. "You think I want to hear this right now?"

Rafe let out a chuckle.

"Why not?" Kelce teased.

"I'm trying to get my mind off things," Topper snapped.

Rafe threw the bean bag at the wooden target. Topper walked forward, slapping the bean bag out of the air and onto the ground. "You think I want to hear this right now, Rafe?"

"Calm down," Kelce laughed. "We're just trying to make you feel better."

"Its not funny," Topper snapped. "How is it funny?"

"Listen," Rafe said to his friend. "Joke's on her. Because look who she's with." Rafe risked a smile. "Relax, we're messing with you."

"Messing with me?" Topper nodded. "Yeah. Yeah. Hey, um..." He pretended to think. Tapping on Rafe's chest he asked, "What about you and Bex?"