twenty two.

tw: violence, mentions of abuse, heavy drug use, heavy manipulation

There she was. Passed out. Laying on the couch like nothing even happened.

Bexley rushed into Barry's home, dropping to her knees in front of the couch. She shook her mother gently. Although, her heart was racing, and she wanted to be rougher.

"Mom!"

Her mother flinched, opening her eyes. She sat up immediately when spotting her daughter. "Bexley?"

"Mom! Where the fuck have been?" Bexley demanded of her, worry laced in her voice.

"Bexley?" She sat up more, groaning. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I've been looking for you!" Bexley said. Her expression was panicked.

Rafe came in the room, snatching the backpack that Madelyn had her arms wrapped around. She tried to snatch it back. "Hey-!"

Rafe tore it open, looking inside. He scoffed, shaking his head. He handed it to Bexley. "Here's your money. What's fucking left of it."

Bexley didn't look at it. She just looked at her mom. "Where did you go?"

"Bexley, Jesus!" She stood, and pointed to Rafe. "You brought this fucking psycho after me?"

Bexley was about to snap at her mother. Because she knew that was the term Rafe hated most, because it was the term his sister used most. But she didn't get the chance as her mother tried to push past her.

Madelyn moved forward to snatch the bag off the ground. Rafe noticed what she was doing, and reacted quickly. He grabbed it, and shoved her back, causing her to stumble.

"Sit the fuck down!" Rafe instructed.

Madelyn hesitated, but sat. His loud tone scaring her.

"Bexley-" She tried to grab hold of her daughter, only for Rafe to come up on her fast.

"Don't fucking touch her," he snapped. He was beyond pissed at the woman, even if Bexley wasn't.

Bexley turned to him, saying, "It's fine, Rafe." She leaned back closer to her mother. "And lower your voice," she told him.

Barry must have woken up. He stepped into the room. "Guess we got our reunion, huh?" He looked at Rafe. "Can you get this bitch out of my house now?"

Bexley glared at Barry, standing to her feet now. "Don't talk about my mother like that."

Barry held up his hands, laughing. "Calm down, darling." He turned to Rafe. "You're lucky I sent that guy home. Y'all took about half hour to get here." Rafe tensed at the mentioning of the time frame.

Bexley didn't seem to notice. She frowned. "What guy?"

"We'll get her out," Rafe told him.

Rafe made eye contact with Bexley, and she nodded, picking up his non verbal cues. She turned back to her mother.